The Senior Database Administrator will support the enterprise’s efforts in managing and securing corporate data assets. The Senior Database Administrator will work with application developers, BI and ETL developers, and reporting developers to provide guidance and oversight.
- Provide systems architecture and support for a being-created Azure Data Warehouse (Synapse) system, including system setup, security, and integration with CosmosDB and other database systems.
- Proactive assessment of system performance issues.
- Management of production database servers and ability to resolve issues with minimal downtime.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills.
- Mentorship in database and cloud technologies.
- Planning scheduled task executions
- Create automation scripts for frequent tasks.
- Specification of infrastructure for enterprise-scale projects.
- Provide on call and occasional support for after-hours deployments.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Troubleshoot and manage AlwaysOn and SQL Server Replication
- Ability to write troubleshooting procedures and operations documents
- Diverse troubleshooting skills
- Relational database modelling
- Scripting in PowerShell, Unix shells, or similar technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Mentoring of junior team members
Training & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or commensurate experience
- 6 years of experience managing database systems
- Experience with Windows and Linux in server environments
- Experience with Azure is required
- Experience with other cloud platforms is a plus