The IT Business Applications Technician is responsible for implementing software solutions to support SelectQuote business operations. The position focuses on in-depth, hands-on, technical expertise to deploy business applications and execute operational support and maintenance activities. The technician is also responsible for supporting the IT Business Application Manager in communicating application health, current and planned business application initiatives and ensuring continuous service improvement of all business software.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of SelectQuote business workflows across all divisions in order to support application solutions.
- Work closely with SelectQuote teams to implement software solutions that support the business plans and IT strategies.
- Execute business requirements analysis and communicate findings to business units when necessary.
- Manage the release process for applications, which includes effective, business wide, end user communication.
- Facilitate communication on related system problems and collaborate with teams and vendors on changes, fixes, and updates.
- Manage and execute testing scripts and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Lead troubleshooting activities and system maintenance for all SaaS and PaaS applications.
- Keep abreast of new developments and trends in the area of application integration in the insurance industry.
- Maintain a strong understanding of technology and its application to achieve business objectives.
- Serve as an internal consultant to other IT management staff and operations community as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of informational technology disciplines; e.g., software applications and interfaces, production operations, quality assurance and systems management, etc., preferably in the insurance field.
- High technical aptitude with the skills to quickly understand new software and the ability to stay abreast of new technologies, trends and changes in the insurance industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of goals and the interdependencies of functional departments and groups within SelectQuote and the ability to lead large-scale complex IT projects in addressing overall business needs.
- Five or more years of professional information technology experience with preferably two years in the insurance industry.
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience in person, in writing and through pictures or diagrams when appropriate.
- Knowledge of project management process and concepts.
- Ability to manage multiple requests in an often-changing environment.
Training & Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience is required.