Who We Are:
As a Bilingual (English and Spanish) Enrollment Specialist with SelectQuote Senior, you will help clients enroll in products such as MAPD and MA plans after sales agents have helped the client select the plan that meets their needs. You will also occasionally be selling PDP plans to our beneficiaries as well. The Enrollment Specialist uses SelectQuote systems to receive and process calls (inbound and outbound), and manage client CRM information. In this unique full-time opportunity, our specialists work in a fast-paced environment where performance is rewarded. You’re helping families every day by ensuring they have the right amount of coverage without overpaying for it. If you’re interested in joining a rapidly growing company with a winning environment, then apply today!
Nuestras últimas oportunidades bilingües se centran en servir a la comunidad hispana. ¡Sea parte de esta emocionante iniciativa!
What We Offer:
● All leads are provided – No cold calling or prospecting
● High earning potential – 1st-year average annual income is $59k. Top specialists make well over $80k annually. Our agents have the ability to be their own CEO & employees can take charge of their career
● No prior Medicare sales experience required – We provide highly compensated formal insurance training to prepare you for success in this role
● Benefits – Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, work from home stipend, and other paid leaves vary based on work location
What You Need to be Successful:
● Coachability & willingness to learn - You’ll go through an extensive training program to prep you about Medicare and SelectQuote so you need to be willing to absorb this information and put it to use once you’re on the phone, as well as be open to constructive criticism about how to improve your process
● Competitive personality & an internal motivation - You need to have a drive to overcome customer objections and compete with yourself and other agents to succeed and hit new goals
● Time efficiency & technology skills - Be efficient with yours and your customer’s time. Learn when to move on from a call and when to continue the discussion. Be able to multitask and manipulate multiple screens including our software system, quote engine, and carrier applications while continuing a conversation with the customer
● Positivity - It’s important to be positive in this role and not let your previous call affect your current or future calls. The next call can be the one that gets you an enrollment!
● Flexibility - You need to be able to commit to high-volume hours during peak season. Our specialists make nearly ⅓ of their income during a 7-week period, and we need all hands on deck dedicated during this time
Training, Experience, & Necessities:
• Bilingual in English/Spanish
• High school diploma or the equivalent is required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Accident & Health resident insurance license. If you’re not already licensed, you must become licensed by a given deadline
• Ability to complete AHIP and additional onboarding requirements by a given deadline
• Hardwired high speed internet connection with minimum download speed of 20mbps and upload speed of 20mbps
• Live in one of our remote states: AL, DE, FL, GA, ID, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MS, MO, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, OH, OK, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WV, WI, WY
• Live 60+ miles away from a physical office site