The Software Engineer III role will be responsible for developing information systems by designing, developing and installing software solutions. Job success with be determined by demonstrating a combination of technical expertise through successful execution and adherence to industry and the SelectQuote Application Development team development standards. The Software Engineer III role also requires excellent communication skills and team collaboration demonstrated by working in partnership with business line stakeholders and vendors while meeting objectives across senior-level assignments. The Software Engineer III will assist and support junior development associates through educational guidance based on best practices established in the industry and within the SelectQuote Application Development team.
- Implement features that meet business requirements while maintaining a healthy, sustainable, and reliable codebase
- Contribute to overall group objectives like finding opportunities for cross-project code reuse, improving developer experience using automation, and improving operational stability.
- Support of internal Applications: SelectCare (CRM), Internal Quote tools for all 3 divisions, Scheduling Tools, Upload & nload /data sync between carriers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Training and Experience:
- Experience developing web applications using at least a few of the following:
- Experience developing SQL stored procedures, migration scripts, version control
- Typically requires at least 7 years as a full-time SQL developer
- Ability to perform tasks without technical supervision
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or Information Technology
- 5-6 years of software development or programming experience writing complex web applications.
- 2 Years of experience using Node.js & React preferred
- Experience using industry software development methodologies, standards and architectural frameworks
- Experience with various SDLC methodologies, agile SCRUM preferred
- Experience with code-based unit testing
- Experience with code management and release methodologies and tools