SelectQuote is looking to hire Information Technology Interns to join our DevOps and Infrastructure team for the summer of 2021. This position will offer the individual the opportunity to complete meaningful project work, using and strengthening their abilities with in demand technology tools. The Information Technology Intern will apply a statistical problem solving approach to questions relating to SelectQuote’s Technology Vision & strategy.
As a member of the SelectQuote IT Team, the IT Intern will have the opportunity to learn and apply an analytical problem solving approach to a diverse set of business questions. The IT Intern will work directly with the Managers and members of the IT team, as well as other stakeholders who work with technology around Select Quote. This internship will prepare the candidate for future work in the field of IT by equipping them to leverage a variety of tools and techniques to answer business questions.
Responsibilities & Rotations:
- Maintaining multi-site TCP/IP and VoIP networks, including LAN/WAN, Wireless, ISP, and Data Center
- Ensures appropriate network and server monitoring and security systems and alerts are implemented and current
- Documenting and maintaining network and infrastructure physical and logical diagrams
- Communicating effectively and efficiently with management regarding infrastructure support and analyses
- Solve computer related problems, troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Assists with Implementation of software operating systems and system updates.
- Assist in server deployments including Domain Controllers, SCCM servers, DNS servers
- Monitoring networked computer equipment.
- Patch and upgrade systems to maintain system requirements.
- Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly.
- Collect data and interpret errors and/or problems in configurations
What You Need to be Successful:
- Currently enrolled in Junior or Senior year of college/university
- Degree focused in Computer Science, Information Systems, Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering
- Relevant previous internship experience or the completion of a project that demonstrates aptitude for programming and data analysis
- Understanding of Linux constructs
- Understanding of Security concepts
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Excellent Problem solving skills
- YAML, Cloud and Python