System Administrator is responsible for ensuring stable and efficient system infrastructure services through installation, maintenance/support, monitoring and design optimization of all server software and hardware. This position will be responsible for high level troubleshooting of system software and hardware problems. The System Administrator will gather requirements for design solutions, plan and implement based on standards and best practices. This person will have the experience needed to provide recommendations to enhance existing system designs and implement additional elements. The System Administrator is expected to be proactive and leverage analysis tools for monitoring and auditing. She or He will work as part of a team and have a strong desire to innovate.
- Participate in the scoping and creation of project plans aligned with infrastructure initiatives
- Create and maintain all pertinent infrastructure process documentation.
- Solve computer related problems, troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Assists with Implementation of software operating systems and system updates.
- Design and engineer Server deployments including Domain Controllers, SCCM servers, DNS servers
- Monitoring networked computer equipment.
- Patch and upgrade systems to maintain system requirements.
- Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly.
- Collect data and interpret errors and/or problems in configurations
- Backup Servers (virtual and physical servers)
- Serve as an escalation resource for the Service Desk team
- Work with Service Providers and Product Vendors to ensure uptime of resources.
- Manage ongoing Software Virus security updates for servers and workstations
- Support deployment and administration of MFA across data center systems, SaaS services, virtualized and cloud environments
- Support integration and ongoing administration of SSO/SAML solution in/to all systems and applications
- Supporting high-availability, data replication, business continuity, fail-over solutions including disaster recovery and offsite storage implementations and support
- Handle failures and process RMA’s for failed products
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Training and/or experience with Microsoft applications. (Active Directory)
- In-depth knowledge of PC’s and operating systems (Linux, Windows).
- Knowledge of orchestration and task automation configuration management frameworks similar to Powershell
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Team player
Training and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience as a System Engineer, System Admin, or similar role
- MTA, MCSA, MCSE, Linux+, LPIC-1, LPIC-2 or other industry certifications preferred
- Experience working with VMware, Hyper-V
- Experience with backups, proficient in system backups and restores/recoveries from disks/virtual/cloud.
- Experience or understanding of working in a technical environment requiring compliance e.g. HIPAA, SOC2, PCI-DSS, SOX
- Experience working using automated deployment and maintenance technologies
- Experience with networking, across various network layers and client/server environments; support of LAN and WAN based networks