The Software Quality Assurance Supervisor is responsible for establishing and implementing quality assurance and compliance processes for the IT organization. The Software Quality Assurance Supervisor will work in conjunction with the Manager of Software Quality Assurance and lead a group of Quality Assurance Analysts. In addition to serving as a supervisor to a group of Quality Assurance Analysts, the Software Quality Assurance Supervisor will serve a primary tester on an assigned project. The Software Quality Assurance Supervisor will work with development, testing and production teams to develop, publish and implement software quality assurance plans. They will test software to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects.
- Track and maintain key Quality Assurance performance metrics
- Conduct one on one meetings with team members
- Collaborate with the Manager of Software Quality Assurance Manager on establishing new processes and addressing issues within the team.
- Maintain existing Quality Assurance Management Process Documentation
- Assess the work performance of employees and identify areas of improvement
- Evaluate test results against expected results, implement improvements to processes, and recommend alternative testing as needed.
- Provides training to employees within the Quality Assurance Department and assists in the onboarding process
- Participate in the entire AGILE software development lifecycle process to catch defects as early as possible; become a domain expert on the system under test.
- Gather and analyze requirements, and test in all layers of the system. Participate in the functional and/or technical specification documents review.
- Drive towards sustainable and maintainable manual tests.
- Build documentation related to new and existing software
- Implement test harnesses; create automated and manual test suites.
- Design and execute manual and/or automated test cases for functional, regression, and/or performance testing, including both back-end and front-end testing of entire system, subsystems, and interfaces to other systems as needed.
- Ensure that applications and systems function properly and according to business standards and end-user specifications and requirements.
- Proactively assesses and follows through on testing risks and issues identified on projects.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
Training and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in a discipline related to functional work or role with 2-4 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Able to apply strong functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments.
- Very good communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
- Demonstrate knowledge of quality assurance methodology and agile software development life cycles, and the ability to use this expertise to drive test design, processes and techniques
- Intermediate SQL Knowledge
- 1-2 years of experience managing people
- Written and verbal communication skills, which are used with team members and clients in the form of formal training, mentoring, and presentations
- Ability to develop Test Cases and Test Scripts for the large software modules.