The Manager of Lead Optimization will support SelectQuote’s Life business unit by creating, implementing and optimizing contact strategies and lead distribution. This role is responsible for managing pre-agent contact outbound lead strategies, inbound call strategies and lead overflow vendor management to optimize profit per lead. The Manager of Lead Optimization needs to effectively manage cross-functional team members and communicate to various internal customers.
SelectQuote purchases and generates over 3 Million leads per year and is a leading distributor of various insurance products ranging from term life insurance to Medicare and auto & home insurance.
- Create, prepare, and analyze reports and metrics to identify opportunities where desired call metrics are not meeting fundamental operational goals or pacing towards success and take corrective action
- Provide project management oversight with an array of stakeholders from IT to external vendors to meet objectives directly impacting contact strategies, including IVR call flows and call distribution
- Proactively manage outbound lead flow and call strategies that consistently generate targeted daily transfers at optimal downstream close rates
- Partner with Sales, IT, Marketing, and General Managers to establish buy-in and collaborate in order to hit goals
- Oversee and drive performance of external lead overflow vendors
- Generate process maps, requirements and workflow to IT to enable contact strategies
- Partner with data science to develop insights in an effort to better manage lead profitability
- Identify process improvement opportunities, execute against those opportunities, and successfully realize quantifiable benefits
Training and Experience:
- BA / BS computer science/MIS, mathematics, marketing, finance, preferred with strong undergraduate track record
- Executive communication skills an absolute must, weekly presentations to C-Suite are routine
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment managing multiple projects, multiple channels and segments simultaneously in a cross-functional team
- High level of self-motivation, ability to operate and accomplish goals independently and within a team oriented environment
- Strong oral and written skills, presentation skills, MS Visio, PowerPoint
- Detail oriented aptitude
- Ability to work in ambiguous environment
- 5-10+ years of experience in a heavy analytical role. Advanced Excel skills required. SQL, data visualization tool experience preferred.
- 5-10+ years of experience in an operational discipline (sales operations, supply chain, etc.) with responsibility for delivering against a set of KPIs. Outbound contact center experience preferred
- Proven experience as both a player and a coach – ability to execute while also leading and influencing others
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to explain complex technical processes to the non-technical
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, work from home stipend, and other paid leaves vary based on work location