SelectQuote is looking to hire Information Technology Interns to join our Project Management and Business Analyst teams for the summer of 2021. This opportunity will give participating individuals help facilitate the SLDC process, create reporting metrics, learn ways to organize sprints, and participate in standup and scrum meetings. The Information Technology Intern will apply a statistical problem solving approach to questions relating to SelectQuote’s Technology Vision & strategy.
As a member of the SelectQuote IT Team, the IT Intern will have the opportunity to learn and apply an analytical problem solving approach to a diverse set of business questions. The IT Intern will work directly with the Managers and members of the IT team, as well as other stakeholders who work with technology around Select Quote. This internship will prepare the candidate for future work in the field of IT by equipping them to leverage a variety of tools and techniques to answer business questions.
Responsibilities & Rotations:
- Creating User Stories within Jira
- Using and reading Jira dashboards
- Creating and maintaining relevant documentation that includes but is not limited to attendance of design and architecture Meetings, and application design
- Create and maintain automated, real time reporting for management stakeholders
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans and project schedules.
- Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- Conducting meetings with business stakeholders to identify requirements
- Participating in daily stand ups, backlog grooming, story pointing and sprint planning meetings.
What You Need to be Successful:
- Currently enrolled in Junior or Senior year of college/university
- Degree focused in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science, Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering
- Relevant previous internship experience or the completion of a project that demonstrates aptitude for programming and data analysis
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail