The Finance Data Developer is part of a top-tier finance and analytics team, which supports finance business leaders and the divisional executives in their efforts to make decisions to implement strategies and operational improvements that enhance the company’s performance. This individual should work with high intensity and integrity, possess intellectual curiosity, be a team player, and demonstrate both leadership abilities and a passion for excellence. The Finance Data Developer will strive to provide data insights to aid in decisions related to company strategy and growth targets.
- Design, build, and implement databases for BI solutions
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms
- Support to further existing performance and metric reporting systems and processes, and create new versions as needed.
- Work with respective leadership to analyze and gain additional data driven insights into critical financial and operational metrics.
- Support the build-out of performance and reporting dashboards that scales with our growing
- Work through tracking and data integrity issues with cross functional stakeholders in finance and operation teams.
- Solves complex technical problems with the assistance of other subject-matter specialists, and partnering with other teams to drive improvement initiatives
- Develop and update technical documentation
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong SQL proficiency
- Strong desire to learn and gain valuable experience in analytics and finance.
- Motivated, self-starter; ability to accomplish goals independently
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a drive to deliver results
- Ability to analyze and assimilate relevant data into key recommendations and decisions.
- Articulate and well-spoken; strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; team player.
- Able to organize time and resources effectively to achieve goals
- Familiarity with data storage, retrieval, and manipulation methods within database architectures
- Capacity for troubleshooting data related system issues using logical problem-solving methods and process of elimination
Training and Experience:
- 2+ years of SQL experience preferred
- Working knowledge of version control systems such as GitHub or Bitbucket
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Finance, Accounting, Mathematics Economics, Information Systems or related field)
- Experience investigating and solving complex technical problems and data discrepancies
- Exposure to data visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau
- Additional programming experience such as VBA and Python preferred
- Process Improvement experience a plus