Founded in 1985, SelectQuote provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. SelectRX, a subsidiary of SelectQuote, is prioritizing important population health initiatives focused on actively managed, high-touch patient experience by improving patient engagement and health literacy, simplifying the healthcare journey and facilitating better healthcare options through value-based partnerships.
SelectRX is a high touch, technology-driven specialized medication management pharmacy. We engage virtually with patients to ensure accurate prescription records are maintained in order to achieve improved prescription drug adherence. SelectRX does this by providing a personalized clinical approach driven by a robust technology platform to track adherence with a world-class pharmaceutical packing and distribution facility.
The Pharmacy Inventory Technician receives, procures, and maintains drug inventory and all drug purchasing, inventory, distribution and cost records for Pharmacy. Determines the quality and type of order to be placed based on pharmacy need using policies and procedures for drug ordering. This position maintains knowledge in all aspects of pharmacy policies.
- This role has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Responsible for ordering drugs and supplies for pharmacy, based on established order points and as directed. Ensure that purchased items meet customer service demands, pharmacy operations requirements, and specified pricing models
- Utilize inventory control programs and policies to achieve targeted inventory levels
- Review inventory and purchasing needs on a daily basis to ensure the uninterrupted flow of products through appropriate purchasing procedures
- Receive goods and check against purchasing records. Enter receipts, returns, and distributions into the organization's computerized inventory system, following defined processes and procedures. Maintain invoicing for all drug and supply accounts
- Communicate in real time shortages of medications or changes in stock availability and coordinate resolution of all inventory order problems (i.e. back orders, manufacturer outs, etc.)
- Periodically coordinate review of inventory for expired, damaged, or overstocked medications and coordinate disposal or return through designated channels
- Ensure the accuracy of computerized inventory records. Perform cycle counts on a regular basis to validate physical inventoried items against system records. Investigate variances and report on findings to management.
- Conduct periodic physical inventories in compliance with standards set by management.
- Prepare the pharmacy department for physical inventory by updating shelf locations/labels, printing and notating count sheets, and organizing drug products by lot number. Enter completed inventory count into the database and investigate discrepancies.
- Work with accounting or manager to resolve all reconciliation issues as they arise
- Oversee required responses to and management of medication recall notifications in conjunction with the pharmacy manager.
- Develop and foster working relationships with wholesalers to collaborate, proactively resolve issues, and optimize the inventory ordering process
- Utilize and optimize program reports detailing volume, profitability, pricing, and other reporting metrics as needed
- Strive to consistently improve the overall efficiency and optimal operation of the inventory ordering process
- Participate and perform other duties as assigned by leadership
- As a pharmacy technician and employee, maintain good company loyalty, set a good example, and project a healthy positive attitude.
- Performs duties and responsibilities according to the philosophy and standards of SelectRx including conveying courtesy, respect, enthusiasm and positive attitudes in work situations with clients, peers and visitors; maintains client and associate confidentiality. This individual is responsible for understanding all the applicable policies and procedures of the department necessary to perform essential job functions as well as the employee handbook. The position may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description as directed by the Pharmacy Manager or Director.
- Ability to handle challenging situations in a professional and proficient manner utilizing available resources and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrate customer service and customer relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to solve routine or complicated problems effectively and drive projects to successful completion.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one-year experience in retail, mail order or specialty pharmacy as pharmacy technician
- Minimum 3 years of experience in inventory control and purchasing preferred
- Knowledge of standard medical terminology
- Strong proficiency in the use of MS Office software, which includes Excel and Word
- Prolonged periods of sitting or standing at a desk and working on a computer.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds’ maximum and/or carrying objects weighing up to 30 pounds.
It’s an exciting time to join SelectRX, a subsidiary of SelectQuote. We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree. SelectRX strives to be a one-stop-shop for Senior Health Information needs, including Medicare Plan Benefits, Healthcare Literacy, Value-Based primary Care, Prescription Drug Management and Patient Engagement.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, and other paid leaves vary based on work location.