Founded in 1985, SelectQuote (NYSE: SLQT) provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. The company pioneered the model of providing unbiased comparisons from multiple, highly rated insurance companies allowing consumers to choose the policy and terms that best meet their unique needs. Two foundational pillars underpin SelectQuote’s success: a strong force of highly trained and skilled agents, who provide consultative needs analysis for every consumer, and proprietary technology that sources and routes high quality leads. The company has three core business lines: SelectQuote Senior, SelectQuote Life and SelectQuote Auto and Home. SelectQuote Senior, the largest and fastest-growing business, serves the needs of a demographic that sees 10,000 people turn 65 each day with a range of Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans.
The Data Enablement Strategy & Analytics Director will support all Selectquote divisions creating, implementing and optimizing cross-sell and lead level reporting and procedures. This role is responsible for managing our customer lifecycle data team, providing strategic decision making driven by effective reporting and analysis and managing our strategic partnerships reporting.
- Create, prepare, and analyze reports and metrics to identify opportunities where desired processes are not meeting fundamental operational goals or pacing towards success and take action
- Effectively project manage and execute on strategic initiatives
- Drive the evolution of SelectQuote’s cross-divisional strategies through innovative process design, technology solutions, and cross-functional leadership
- Product execution owner and data SME
- Continuously assess department for process improvement opportunities and lead the implementation of solutions
- Effectively summarize and communicate department results and ad hoc initiatives weekly to various stakeholders
- Partner with business and technical leaders across the company to execute on various projects ranging from lead plans, tech development, etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Quick to learn complex integrated systems, quick to understand how to interpret and utilize disparate data sets
- Extremely strong analytical skills – must be able to understand KPIs and use data to identify issues and make decisions
- Excellence in operations and executing new initiatives quickly
- Strong communication skills and a proven ability to influence peers
- Strong project management skills
- Strong technical skills in SQL, Microsoft office, etc.
- Excellent executive presence as this role will have C-suite visibility
- Entrepreneurial spirit – creativity to identify opportunities when others may not see them and a willingness to “roll up your sleeves” to execute
- Proactive, impatient nature, taking ownership of projects and acting as a driving force for progress
- Flexibility to adapt and change as priorities evolve
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time
Training & Experience:
- BA / BS computer science/MIS, mathematics, marketing, finance, preferred with strong undergraduate track record
- 7+ years of experience in a heavy analytical role
- 5+ years of experience in an operational discipline (sales operations, supply chain, etc.) with responsibility for delivering against a set of KPIs
- 3+ years of experience in SQL or comparable language
- Proven track record of managing to a set of operational KPIs and hitting performance objectives
- Proven experience as both a player and a coach – ability to execute while also leading and influencing others
- Proven success managing and executing large cross-department initiatives
It’s an exciting time to join SelectQuote. We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, and other paid leaves vary based on work location.