Founded in 1985, SelectQuote provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. The company pioneered the model of providing unbiased comparisons from multiple, highly-rated insurance companies allowing consumers to choose the policy and terms that best meet their unique needs. Two foundational pillars underpin SelectQuote’s success: a strong force of highly-trained and skilled agents who provide a consultative needs analysis for every consumer, and proprietary technology that sources and routes high-quality leads. The company has three core business lines: SelectQuote Senior, SelectQuote Life and SelectQuote Auto and Home. SelectQuote Senior, the largest and fastest-growing business, serves the needs of a demographic that sees 10,000 people turn 65 each day with a range of Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans.
Publicly held company based in Overland Park, Kansas seeks a junior to mid-level securities and corporate governance attorney to join its legal team. Candidate should be a skilled communicator with strong securities experience and interpersonal skills. Current position will be remote but once we return to the office later this year, the attorney will be based in our Overland Park office. This position reports to the General Counsel.
- Provide advice and counsel to senior management on company s compliance with applicable securities laws and NYSE rules and regulations, including filing all periodic SEC 1934 Act filings.
- Review and or prepare SEC filings including 10-K, 10-Qs, Proxy Statement, 8-Ks, Section 16 reporting (Forms 3, 4 and 5), and NYSE compliance.
- Maintain and manage company s corporate governance and corporate secretary matters relating to the company s Board of Directors and subsidiaries, including Sarbanes Oxley compliance. Includes drafting agendas, minutes and resolutions and reviewing board-mailing materials. Also, assists or primarily responsible for corporate governance activities for specific subsidiaries.
- Assist on executive and director compensation matters, including providing advice and counsel on matters relating to plan documentation and related securities matters (including preparation of registration statements on Forms S-3 and S-8).
- Responsible for handling open window trading preclearance process and stock ownership and retention requirement compliance.
- Support the company s ethics and compliance programs on a global basis.
Training & Experience:
- 4-6 years of experience as corporate counsel, associate or assistant general counsel, or equivalent
- Must be an attorney in good standing with license to practice in at least one state (KS preferred)
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and the rules and regulations of the SEC under those acts, and of the requirements of NYSE, as well as Sarbanes Oxley.
- Must demonstrate financial literacy, comprehension, and articulation of corporate finance disclosure issues. Must have an understanding of the Delaware Corporation Law and be proficient in the principles and practice of major aspects of corporate law.
- Skilled communicator, researcher and drafter. Significant client focus and collaboration with other functions and the business.
- Excellent business judgment and ability to assess legal risk while also thinking strategically and providing practical advice.
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task prioritize and follow through on numerous projects simultaneously.
- Must be a team player who is willing to pitch in where needed in a fast-paced, ever-evolving and growing company
It’s an exciting time to join SelectQuote. We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, work from home stipend, and other paid leaves vary based on work location.