SelectQuote is seeking a Senior Direct Marketing Manager to help lead and execute direct response marketing for a wide variety of targeted marketing programs, including lead generation and lifecycle-based marketing campaigns.
This role has a unique opportunity to act in support of growth of all 3 divisions – Life, Senior and Auto and Home – and work to identify best practices and synergies to fuel growth.
As a Direct Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing targeted direct response lifecycle marketing plans to support new lead growth, cross-sell opportunities and existing customer persistency. The successful candidate will have proven ability to identify lifecycle marketing opportunities, as well as implement, measure and run efficient and effective direct response marketing campaigns. In addition, they will be curious, have a natural ability to promote collaboration and teamwork and excel at leading in matrix-managed environment.
- Implements lifecycle email, text and Direct Mail campaigns to support the sale of insurance products for the SelectQuote brands. Responsible for all consumer journey mapping and definition, as well as campaign deployments, including but not limited to list management (scrubbing/loading), A/B split testing, campaign health monitoring, post analysis correction, deliverability optimization and campaign reporting.
- Serves as principal email marketing guru and owns email marketing end to end. Manages ideation, audience targeting and selection, content creation, creative development, execution, audience segmentation and campaign operations and deployment. Puts customer first, works to advance Agent contact rate and is a data-driven, savvy marketer with experience operating the email channel and creating exceptional consumer journeys.
Lifecycle Marketing Strategy
- Builds customer journeys and interactions across the customer lifecycle in partnership with Workflow team that drive engagement and result in sales conversions.
- Acts as in house lifecycle marketing expert and is well versed in industry best practices and standards.
- Responsible for identifying direct marketing opportunities and designing efficient campaigns that deliver strong ROI
Email Channel Management
- Conducts ongoing A/B testing related to subject lines, email copy, layouts and CTAs that drives conversion improvements. Manages a meticulously planned and documented marketing calendar and testing plan to continually improve performance.
- Oversees and implements all lead and existing customer nurture campaigns within the automation tools.
- Responsible for the management of all email marketing campaigns from inception to execution to post deployment analysis and recommendations. Manages ESP partner relationships, testing strategies, segmentation and email acquisition.
Reporting & Analysis
- Identifies and owns (in partnership with BA resource) all campaign KPIs and benchmarks.
- Measures, monitors and tracks campaign performance against benchmarks and drives corrective actions that deliver continuous improvements.
- Communicates campaign results, both written and verbal, to stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Creates email reporting dashboards and serves as subject matter expert on all facets of email marketing.
Training and Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in email marketing management, with a demonstrated understanding of lifecycle and triggered behavioral messaging, database marketing and analytics.
- Knowledge of email marketing best practices, customer databases, A/B testing and data analysis.
- Strong analytical skills and experience evaluating, creating and presenting campaign reports.
- Experience working with Google Analytics, Photoshop and ESPs, emfluence, YesMail and SendGrid a plus
- Strong business acumen as well as written / oral communication skills
- Strong program manager and planner with unwavering attention to detail
- Excited to work in a fast-paced, dynamic business and a driving desire to cultivate positive working relationships
- Experience in building, managing and leading cross-functional teams
- Prior copywriting experience preferred, for Direct Response marketing a plus