SelectQuote is seeking an effective, proven Compensation and Benefits Coordinator to assist with the day to day operations of benefit administration and compensation programs. Our ideal candidate is a natural go-getter, hands on, and has the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while taking pride in attention to detail and delivering excellent service levels. This individual will have an opportunity to:
- Support the day to day administration of the compensation and benefits department
- Identify improvement to existing processes and procedures to drive excellence
- Drive a great employee experience in the area of benefits and compensation
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Compensation & Benefits:
- Assist with the administration and compliance of the health and welfare, retirement, and compensation programs and make recommendations to prevent potential problems.
- Support the administration of compensation programs, including the annual salary administration process, bonus programs, commission payments, etc.
- Participate in and conduct both exempt and nonexempt salary and/or benefit surveys to ensure a competitive Total Rewards structure. Maintain and recommend updated pay structures and/or benefit programs based on market data.
- Partner with HR and Managers in writing and/or updating job descriptions to reflect position requirements and responsibilities. Review requests for job classification review and make classification/pay level recommendations.
- Measure the effectiveness of programs by conducting audits, detailed analysis, and surveys for benefits and compensation programs. Use a variety of approaches to conduct review such as turnover analysis, employee surveys and feedback sessions.
- Ensure compensation and benefit standards comply with company policies, and state and federal regulations.
- Present recommendations for the development and improvement of workflow for compensation and benefit business processes.
- Prepare and/or participate in government filings, plan audits, and other tax-reporting requirements as necessary.
- Creates ad hoc reports and prepares data for compensation and benefits analysis for all levels of the organization.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual reports for HR and management
- Audits compensation, retirement plans, and benefits data
- Maintain varies benefits and compensation systems for benefits and compensation systems (i.e. UltiPro, PlanSource, Benefits Prime.).
- Enters, maintains and ensures integrity of data in HRIS
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related business field preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in compensation, and benefits
- Experience in a multi-state 500+ employee insurance, financial, or service industry office environment is desirable
- Knowledge of federal laws and regulations related to the administration of compensation and benefit programs; required knowledge of compensation theories and practical applications
- Good understanding of benefit administration and benefit structures
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational communication skills and conflict resolution techniques
- Proven ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to be both proactive and flexible
- Proficiency in HRIS systems
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Continual learner and improvement mindset
- Proven time management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office