The Commission Supervisor is part of a top-tier finance, accounting and analytics team acting in support of our Life division. This individual should have high intensity and integrity, intellectual curiosity, demonstrated leadership abilities and a passion for excellence. The Commission Supervisor will have significant financial and accounting responsibilities.
- Perform a variety of basic accounting tasks in accordance with standard procedures
- Lead Commission Analysts training and monitor team’s daily workflow
- Understand priorities and supervise Commission Analysts to accomplish tasks in a timely manner
- Manage the commission reconciliation process on both carrier level and statement level
- Communicate with insurance carriers regularly to streamline processes, ensure accuracy and resolve outstanding commission issues.
- Working in conjunction with internal IT administrators and San Francisco operation team to resolve commission questions and concerns in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Maintain and review division’s account receivable reports
- Verify and request all essential documents for each carrier, update them as needed
- Assist Director of Revenue Accounting during the monthly closing process
- Provide appropriate reports as requested
- Maintain open lines of communication between upper management and CAs
- Support the development of the firms’ proprietary revenue tracking system
- Research aged policies
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time by superiors
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn proprietary computer systems needed.
- Knowledge of insurance commissions is a huge plus.
- High level of self-motivation; ability to accomplish goals independently
- Results oriented & focused
- Ability to thrive in both structured and unstructured environments
- Strong attention to detail
- Superior analytical and business judgment
- Articulate and well-spoken; strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Positive attitude and the ability to work well with others is needed
Training and Experience:
- Two years of experience as a Supervisor
- BA/BS required, preferably in Business or related field
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in accounting, finance or business analysis related positions