SelectQuote is looking to add a dynamic, highly experienced Chief Human Resources Officer to our rapidly growing Headquarters in Overland Park, KS.
This is a senior leadership role for a strategic, intelligent and results-oriented Human Resources Officer who will drive the company’s growth and development. This role will work closely alongside the Vice President of Operational Growth/Recruiting, General Counsel, CEO, executive management team and the Board of Directors. This is a critical and important role within the executive management team, driving and implementing a customer-centric and results-oriented people strategy that will guide the evolution of the company in line with the strategic direction set by the executive team and Board of Directors.
This role requires a leader with demonstrated business acumen in a rapidly growing and evolving environment and a functional expertise in Human Resources. This individual will continue to focus on a culture of accountability and fairness where employees can thrive. Through their informed perspective and advising skills, the CHRO will work closely with the management teams to improve process, improve efficiency, implement best practices, assist in hitting the business goals and be a trusted advisor to the General Counsel and CEO.
This leader (and her/his team) will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Oversees leadership, organization, staffing, development, direction, and day-to-day management of the Human Resources functions, to ensure effective allocation of resources to support the achievement of strategic objectives and SelectQuote’s business plan.
- Works closely with the Vice President of Operational Growth/Recruiting and other process partners to ensure a successful, timely, and seamless onboarding of employees prior to their start date.
- Works closely with the business units to assist in the employee placement process during training and following AEP. This includes both the management of the process for those staying on as employees of SelectQuote and those that will not be retained. Leverages technology to drive change, simplify processes, lower operating costs and enhance operational efficiencies.
- Oversees the preparation of the financial and business plans for areas of responsibility. Participates in the approval process for the overall budget. Monitors the achievement of budgetary goals.
- Directs and delivers corporate programs and strategic initiatives that support a corporate culture which is built on value, continuous learning, customer satisfaction, achievement, profitability, accountability and measurement.
- Ensures that the company’s total compensation programs are aligned with SelectQuote’s strategic business objectives and are competitive, equitable, and consistent with the company’s compensation philosophy.
- Work collaboratively with the Board of Directors to oversee and manage robust executive compensation programs.
- Oversees diversity and inclusion function, strategy and initiatives.
- Protects the interests of SelectQuote and associates by ensuring corporate compliance with applicable governmental laws and regulations including, and without limitation, EEOC, ADA, OSHA, etc.
- Provides counsel, guidance, assistance, and overall employee relations direction to all locations. Administrates, coordinates, and interprets SelectQuote’s employee relations policies and objectives.
- Works with General Counsel on the disposition of labor and discrimination charges. Assists General Counsel in developing company’s position and formulates settlement terms of recommendation for consideration by the Chief Executive Officer and senior leadership.
- Recommends succession management initiatives/programs to ensure the following business objectives: increase organization’s human capital, accelerate development of key individuals, continuity of management culture, retain key talent, and increased shareholder value.
- Develops business plans for areas managed consistent with the organizations strategic business objectives and business and financial plans. Communicates these plans to associates, solicits input on development, and monitors progress towards achievement of same.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to drive optimal business performance
- Strong communication skills and a proven ability to influence teams and matrix manage internal resources
- Progressive experience in roles demanding analytical rigor and discipline
- Strong, demonstrated business and financial acumen
- Experience in operations and operational disciplines such as program and project management
- Experience handling the entire life-cycle of complex employee relation and other HR related matters
- Entrepreneurial spirit – creativity to identify opportunities when others may not see them and a willingness to “roll up your sleeves” to execute
- Experience managing partners and a willingness to have “tough conversations” to get the results needed
- Strong written communication and presentation skills; comfortable with high degree of interaction with senior leadership team
- Self-motivated with an extremely strong sense of urgency
- Flexibility to adapt and change as priorities evolve in a rapidly growing environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time
- Experience managing the typical suite of company benefits
Training & Experience:
- 15+ years of progressive management experience
- Fifteen (15) or more years of progressive HR or other relevant experience, including experience as a senior leader within an institution of comparable scale and complexity; or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and deliver against a budgeted P&L
- Proven experience as both a player and a coach – ability to execute while also leading and influencing others
- Bachelor’s degree required