The Affiliate Marketing Campaign Manager is a crucial role that will drive the marketing lead plan for a rapidly growing team. This leader will develop and execute a lead plan that will generate over 200,000 leads annually and manage a budget of over $8 million to reach that goal. As an Affiliate Marketing Campaign Manager for SelectQuote, you will be responsible for establishing, maintaining, and scaling profitable relationships and campaigns focused on lead generation and sales within a large affiliate market.
The Affiliate Marketing Campaign Manager will have the opportunity to gain exposure and build experience with a wide range of marketing tactics in the affiliate marketing space. You will work closely with affiliates to understand their strategies while optimizing and maximizing profitability from each partner. Affiliates may drive both inbound and outbound leads from a diverse marketing mix such as paid search, paid social, paid content, SEO, email, display, retargeting and more. Given the diversity of these sources, the Affiliate Marketing Campaign Manager needs to be a strong analytical and operations leader who can thrive managing a disparate set of resources with the ability to work with vendors to produce results.
The Affiliate Marketing Campaign Manager will work closely with the rest of the internal marketing team to hit aggressive performance targets and maximize a multi-million dollar annual marketing budget. This position is best suited for someone who is competitive, thrives on a challenge and loves using analytics to drive the business.
- Develop, manage and execute a lead generation plan that maximizes profitability, manages lead generation costs within budgeted goals, and returns the greatest ROI on the marketing investment
- Oversee all new partnership onboarding, campaign implementation and testing for new marketing partners and campaigns
- Maintain regular communication with affiliate partners to review performance, set clear expectations and evaluate growth opportunities
- Work directly with affiliate partners on optimization strategies and push vendors to drive more profitable volume and minimize underperforming sources and leads
- Responsible for maintaining compliance expectations and documentation related to compliance and industry standards with each partner
- Establish regular disposition reporting for all campaigns and hold partners accountable to utilizing the data for ongoing optimizations
- Closely monitor performance and analytics for all current affiliate campaigns in order to consistently optimize and hit performance targets
- Thoroughly understand and document processes/settings for each campaign in order to recognize opportunities to improve (transfer scripts, lead filters, caps, state mix, etc.)
- Monitor intraday and trended performance, engaging with partners to optimize marketing campaigns to maximize profitability
- Collaborate with other members of the marketing team to ensure all marketing initiatives are aligned and working together to hit performance targets
Knowledge & Skills:
Training & Experience:
- Results driven and strong business acumen
- Experience managing a budget tied to sales and profitability performance metrics
- Detail oriented, ability to identify trends, themes and macro-impacts
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to implement changes rapidly that positively impact marketing performance
- Strong technical skills with the ability to understand and master multiple interfaces
- Ability to analyze and understand large sums of data
- Ability to build relationships and rapport with external partners and internal stakeholders
- Experience managing partners and ability to have productive, fact based performance discussions to drive results
- Experience in operations and operational disciplines such as program and project management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Highly motivated, competitive, resourceful and self-directed with the ability to deliver under pressure
- 3+ years of experience in marketing or related field
- 3+ years of experience in analytical discipline such as finance or data analytics
- Proven experience working cross functionally
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration or related field preferred
- Skilled with Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint
This description is based on management’s assessment of the requirements and functions of the job as of the date this description was prepared. It is a general guideline for managers and colleagues. But it does not purport to be an exhaustive list of all the elements of the job. Management reserves the right on a temporary or indefinite basis to meet production, scheduling, or staffing needs.