SelectQuote is a growing company with a one-of-a-kind culture. Are you looking to expand your career and be part of a successful team? SelectQuote is looking to hire individuals for our Sales Development Advisor ("SDA") team within our SelectQuote Qualifications Team, where team members are responsible for handling all of SelectQuote's insurance product inquiries. The SDA team will work with consumers on understanding their needs and triaging them to a licensed agent. We have a fun, comfortable, and fast-paced working environment where our employees are rewarded for their achievements. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone wanting to expand into licensed sales roles.
We encourage you to apply if you are interested in building an inside sales career! After applying, you will speak with our recruiting team to learn more about SelectQuote and this inside sales position.
- Paid training; we will give you all the tools you need for success.
- Great earning potential – Base plus bonus with an average first-year earnings of $50k, with top producers making $80k+
- Responsible for creating a positive 1st impression of SelectQuote by having a positive tone of voice and conversational energy on a consumer's 1st interaction with the company.
- Outbound dialing sales prospects who have expressed interest in receiving quotes for SelectQuote's insurance product suite.
- Execute transfer of potential customers to a licensed insurance agent.
- Educate consumers on SelectQuote's value proposition of "We shop, you save" through our 20+ A-Rated carrier comparison shopping technology, and further sell them on the importance of talking to our best-in-call agents.
- Intense focus on handling and overcoming sales leads objections and stalls in order to get them the help they need in their shopping experience.
- Willingness to receive improvement coaching, implement those suggested actions and show demonstrated improvement.
- Meet and exceed specified monthly goals for transfer rates and contact to transfer to increase sales agent conversion.
- Benefits – Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, and other paid leaves vary based on work location
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Competitive personality & an internal motivation - You need to have the drive to overcome customer’s objections and compete with yourself and other advisors to succeed and hit new goals.
- Ambitious sales-minded approach with strong interpersonal skills to build rapport with prospective customers
- Time efficiency & technology skills - Be efficient with you and your customer’s time. Be able to multitask and manipulate multiple screens including our software system, quote engine, and carrier applications while continuing a conversation with the customer.
- Positivity - It’s important to be positive in this role and quickly be able to move onto the next call/sale.
- Competitive personality & an internal motivation - You need to have the drive to overcome customer objections and compete with yourself and other agents to succeed and hit new goals.
- Ability to work remotely if required
- Hardwired high-speed internet connection with a minimum download speed of 20mbps and upload speed of 20mbps
Training and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Associates or bachelor's degree preferred
- Required 1 year or more experience working in a telephone sales or service environment
- Previous work experience centered around sales or sales development required
- Proven track record of exceeding goals in past positions
What We Can Offer You:
- Base Pay and Performance-Driven Monthly Bonus Potential
- Opportunities for upward mobility in a growing organization for those who exceed expectations
- Insurance - medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance plans
- Investment in your future with the 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation
- Fun and energetic company culture with team-inspired competition
- Daily/weekly/monthly prizes, including TVs, gift cards, and more!