The Finance Analyst will be a critical addition to the Corporate Finance team at SelectQuote, one of the fastest-growing companies in Kansas City. They will be a part of a top-tier finance and analytics team, which supports finance business leaders and the divisional executives in their efforts to make decisions to implement strategies and operational improvements that enhance the Company’s performance. This individual should work with high intensity and integrity, possess intellectual curiosity, be a team player, and demonstrate both leadership abilities and a passion for excellence. This position will work directly with the Corporate Senior Financial Analyst and SVP of Finance.
- · Own weekly/monthly operational business reporting and forecasting.
- Support to further existing performance and metric reporting systems and processes, and create new versions as needed.
- Assist in preparing in-depth financial modeling for the corporate division that supports the growth, productivity, and new strategic initiatives of the company.
- Develop and maintain performance and metric reporting dashboards on key performance indicators within the business
- Develop external benchmark KPI reporting
- Create ad hoc reporting or analysis as needed to support business operations or the financial forecast
- Drive enhancements to headcount reporting processes, with the goal of increasing accuracy and consistency
- Assist in preparing monthly financial reporting and variance analysis
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong desire to learn and gain valuable experience in analytics and finance.
- Motivated, self-starter; ability to accomplish goals independently
- Results oriented
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong understanding of financial statements and financial reporting
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a drive to deliver results
- Demonstrable problem-solving, quantitative and analytical skills
- Articulate and well-spoken; strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Expert proficiency in Excel critical, proficiency with PowerPoint
- Proficient in SQL or aptitude to become proficient quickly with training
Training & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business or related field)
- 3 to 5 years of applicable finance and/or accounting experience