Founded in 1985, SelectQuote (NYSE: SLQT) provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. The company pioneered the model of providing unbiased comparisons from multiple, highly rated insurance companies allowing consumers to choose the policy and terms that best meet their unique needs. Two foundational pillars underpin SelectQuote’s success: a strong force of highly trained and skilled agents, who provide consultative needs analysis for every consumer, and proprietary technology that sources and routes high quality leads. The company has three core business lines: SelectQuote Senior, SelectQuote Life and SelectQuote Auto and Home. SelectQuote Senior, the largest and fastest-growing business, serves the needs of a demographic that sees 10,000 people turn 65 each day with a range of Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans.
As a Senior Lead Optimization Manager at SelectQuote, you will be depended upon to lead strategic operational projects, catalyze sales performance management, assist with KPI management, and collaborate with other functional and divisional leaders. Your work will support the contact strategy and sales qualification process for each the term life and final expense life divisions. The role will initially act as an individual contributor with no direct reports.
- Project Management
- Maximize marketing and labor efficiency through management of lead optimization programs.
- Seek out methods to better utilize existing or new data sources for improved media acquisition, routing, scripting, and monetization.
- Act as the primary owner identifying, defining, and ensuring the successful completion and maintenance of new projects, taking them from concept to testing and incubation to identifiable ROI and sustainability.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, business development, software development, and operations leadership, considering project impacts across the business and creating broad support.
- Communicate in a manner that brings out the best ideas and involves key stakeholders.
- Take initiative with an eager desire to follow through on projects in a timely manner.
- Measure impact of projects and processes and communicate results.
- Performance management
- Act as the primary owner presenting performance results and optimization efforts to improve outcomes for sales qualification services to SelectQuote divisional leadership
- Coordinate with internal sales performance, scripting, and quality assurance leaders to identify areas for improvement and execute on improvement plans.
- Drive improved contact rate through a coordinated omni channel strategy and ANI reputation management.
- Strategic and Financial Operational Management
- Partner with team to analyze and report on operational KPIs, identify opportunities for improvement
- Assist with headcount planning through collaboration with finance, recruiting, and divisional leadership
- Systems Management and Improvement
- Seek out opportunities to improve the features and use of internal and third-party systems.
- Play a key role as a business voice in the feature set of our in-house scripting tool to enhance the sales funnel and experience.
- Process Design and Improvement
- Backed by data, identify and recommend process improvements.
- Design technology/business workflow processes that are error-proof and as simple as possible while meeting the business workflow and reporting needs.
- Collaborate with technical operations to document workflow processes in detail and test against expected outcomes. Collaborate with colleagues to build reporting and analysis.
- Help build culture of continuous improvement and process documentation for day-to-day operational activities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in operations, finance, or business intelligence required
- MBA preferred, bachelor's degree required
- Some management experience preferred
- Contact center or sales workflow experience preferred
- Basic SQL skills are a plus
- Ability to cultivate and maintain a relationship of trust and mutual respect with team members and external partners
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to research and analyze data from a variety of sources
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize effectively, and meet deadlines
- Very high level of detail-orientation
- Desire to independently complete projects and check own work
- Intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit, and continuous learning mindset
- Resourcefulness- able to absorb and understand new information quickly and leverage available resources
- Demonstrates a history of leadership and success in scholastic, professional, or other activities
- Competitive nature with high personal standards, comfortable in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High ethical character
- Willingness to embrace change
- Data driven and proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Thrive from working in a team environment and helping others succeed
It’s an exciting time to join SelectQuote. We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, and other paid leaves vary based on work location.