Founded in 1985, SelectQuote (NYSE: SLQT) provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. The company pioneered the model of providing unbiased comparisons from multiple, highly rated insurance companies allowing consumers to choose the policy and terms that best meet their unique needs. Two foundational pillars underpin SelectQuote’s success: a strong force of highly trained and skilled agents, who provide consultative needs analysis for every consumer, and proprietary technology that sources and routes high quality leads. The company has three core business lines: SelectQuote Senior, SelectQuote Life and SelectQuote Auto and Home. SelectQuote Senior, the largest and fastest-growing business, serves the needs of a demographic that sees 10,000 people turn 65 each day with a range of Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans.
The Senior Director of Paid Search would oversee the strategy and day-to-day execution of Paid Search marketing initiatives for SelectQuote, one of the country’s preeminent national insurance brokerages. This position is responsible for expanding our existing PPC strategy and maximizing growth and efficiency for the channel. This includes driving growth and success of multiple paid search campaigns with multimillion-dollar budgets. All digital campaigns are dedicated to generating high-quality leads for a fast-growing team of insurance agents while meeting aggressive marketing performance and ROI goals. This individual should be a strong leader and analytical thinker who can thrive in the day-to-day performance and long-term vision of performance-oriented PPC accounts. It is critical for this person to have strong business acumen and be able to partner with executive-level leaders to grow and optimize business outcomes.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities.
- Managing the strategy and tactical execution of Google and Bing advertising, including the management of text-based search ads, display, native and video campaigns within Google and Microsoft platforms
- Improve account performance while driving growth and maximizing volume
- Maintain a strong relationship with Google and Bing representatives, regularly collaborating to ensure accounts are up to date with industry trends and test/utilize relevant new features and betas when relevant
- Implement and lead iterative testing strategies, including landing pages (CRO), ad copy, messaging strategies, bid strategies and automation to maximize form conversion and improve cost per lead, cost per policy and revenue
- Work with digital marketing analysts to develop advanced measurement strategies and lead data visualization efforts related to PPC
- Advise on improved reporting structures and how we evaluate and represent data in weekly and monthly presentations
- Analyze daily and monthly marketing reports as well as provide recommendations on strategies to optimize and improve performance
- Drive thought-leadership in the organization by sharing knowledge and best practices with the digital marketing team, division leadership and business unit teams
- Collaborate with division leaders and others on the marketing team leaders to ensure all marketing initiatives and messaging are consistent and aligned with company and division goals
- Provide coaching, training, and leadership to your team to foster a collaborative and entrepreneurial culture
- Prior experience managing a team and providing professional coaching, mentorship, and leadership
- Proven track record at driving results in Google and Bing advertising across both text-based advertising and display/native / video campaigns, and have a strong aptitude for executing aggressive platform testing
- Strong business acumen that goes beyond basic digital KPIs and extends into business outcomes and driving revenue growth
- Experience working with, and presenting to, executive leadership
- Highly analytical with the ability to visualize and understand large sums of data to drive insights and action
- Experience working with data visualization platforms to visualize front-end performance and associated business impact
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to implement changes rapidly that positively impact marketing performance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Highly motivated, resourceful, and self-directed with the ability to deliver under pressure
- Ability to be detailed oriented while seeing trends, themes, and macro-impacts
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration or related field preferred
- 10+ years’ experience managing PPC and other digital media campaigns
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience
- Google Ads and Bing Ads certified
- Experience managing direct response, ROI-driven campaigns, with measurement that extends into business ROI/outcomes
- Experience with lead generation and conversion rate optimization for lead gen campaigns
- Deep experience using Google Analytics and ability to evaluate the larger marketing mix and report out on PPC’s influence on other channels
- Experience with other media channels, including Paid Social, Programmatic, Native and Video Ads
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
SelectQuote Core Values:
Service: We create positive customer experiences.
Entrepreneurship: We create, innovate, & take risks.
Leadership: We build & invest in high-performing teams.
Empowerment: We embrace a changing environment.
Courage: We challenge the status quo & drive continuous improvement.
Teamwork: We help, support, & celebrate each other
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
It’s an exciting time to join SelectQuote. We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, and other paid leaves vary based on work location.