Founded in 1985, SelectQuote provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. The company pioneered the model of providing unbiased comparisons from multiple, highly rated insurance companies allowing consumers to choose the policy and terms that best meet their unique needs. Two foundational pillars underpin SelectQuote’s success: a strong force of highly trained and skilled agents, who provide consultative needs analysis for every consumer, and proprietary technology that sources and routes high-quality leads. The company has three core business lines: SelectQuote Senior, SelectQuote Life and SelectQuote Auto and Home. SelectQuote Senior, the largest and fastest-growing business, serves the needs of a demographic that sees 10,000 people turn 65 each day with a range of Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans.
The HR Business Partner is an integral part of the HR team, working closely with management to support business leaders in making decisions, participating in development and improvement of policies and procedures, and handling employee relations. The HR Business Partner position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization, providing comprehensive HR support to support the accomplishment of business priorities. This individual will build credible relations with Business Leaders allowing for better decisions and organizational effectiveness.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department
- Partners with leadership on strategic business planning, developing and advisement on supportive HR and organizational strategies and decisions, and analyzing data to develop solutions, programs and policies
- Attends operational meetings and holds regular meetings with key business partners
- Detect and diagnose HR-related issues within the business using data, internal policy, and knowledge of industry best practices.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures
- Assures company policies are administered fairly and consistently throughout the area of responsibility, communicating and executing on necessary changes
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Assists associate relations functions including support and counseling regarding personnel and job related conflicts, problem solving and dispute resolution, investigations, and managing employee performance issues, review and assessment of termination requests
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, forecasting, and succession planning.
- Prepares and analyzes data reports for departments as necessary including monthly HR Business Reviews and various associate surveys
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Upholds compliance with federal and state regulations related to employment
- Manage various HR projects throughout the year
- Conduct orientations and additional trainings with business units as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Demonstrated relationship management, consultative and coaching skills.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner.
- Ability to communicate professionally with all levels of management and company personnel.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to make sound decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
- Ability to show good judgement and initiative and to accomplish job duties in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Team player – ability to support both departmental and HR associates.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- 4-5 years of progressive leadership experience in HR roles.
- UKG experience preferred.
- HR certification preferred.
- Knowledge of current legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Strong knowledge of local, state and federal employment laws and procedures.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
It’s an exciting time to join SelectQuote. We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, and other paid leaves vary based on work location.