The SQL Developer role will be responsible for developing information systems by designing, developing and installing software solutions. Job success with be determined by demonstrating a combination of technical expertise through successful execution and adherence to industry and the SelectQuote Application Development team development standards. The SQL Developer role also requires excellent communication skills and team collaboration demonstrated by working in partnership with business line stakeholders and vendors while meeting objectives across senior-level assignments. The SQL Developer will assist and support junior development associates through educational guidance based on best practices established in the industry and within the SelectQuote Application Development team.
- Author new SQL scripts, to support implementing features, bug fixes, hotfixes
- Edit existing large, complex, stored procedures.
- Work with JIRA and BitBucket
- Prepare documentation and specifications
- Collaborate with project managers, business analysts, and stakeholders to obtain business requirements
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, self-driven environment
- Willingness to identify and implement process improvements, and best-practices.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong proficiency with ANSI-92 SQL syntax and ability to move from dialect to dialect (Microsoft, MariaDB, MySql).
- At least 5 years direct data development experience.
- Skilled at composing and understanding large complicated SQL statements
- Knowledge of best practices when dealing with relational data
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to work from Jira tickets, and gather or refine requirements as need
- Attention to details that may indirectly affect execution of SQL code. (i.g. Downstream use of the data, Replication, Integrations with APIs and/or Frontend code)
- Familiarity with multiple development environments (SSMS, DBeaver, Heidi, SQLYog, DataGrip)
- Capable of troubleshooting common database and code execution issues
- Experience constructing data models and relational schemas
- Working knowledge of dynamic SQL, advanced SQL techniques, and normalization
Training & Experience:
- MSSQL : 3 years (Preferred)
- MARIADB: 3 years (Preferred)
- MYSQL: 3 years (Preferred)
- Node.js / React / .NET: 1 year (Preferred)