Founded in 1985, SelectQuote (NYSE: SLQT) provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. The company pioneered the model of providing unbiased comparisons from multiple, highly rated insurance companies allowing consumers to choose the policy and terms that best meet their unique needs. Two foundational pillars underpin SelectQuote’s success: a strong force of highly trained and skilled agents, who provide consultative needs analysis for every consumer, and proprietary technology that sources and routes high quality leads. The company has three core business lines: SelectQuote Senior, SelectQuote Life and SelectQuote Auto and Home. SelectQuote Senior, the largest and fastest-growing business, serves the needs of a demographic that sees 10,000 people turn 65 each day with a range of Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
SelectQuote is a leading Direct-to-Consumer insurance brokerage for term life, senior health insurance products, auto and home, and final expense insurance. The marketing division of SelectQuote is responsible for generating almost 3 million qualified leads per year to their over 2,000 licensed sales agents. The marketing mix of SelectQuote has a strong reliance on direct response television and radio media to generate both calls and web form leads for our licensed agents. SelectQuote is looking for a leader for the television and radio media that can deliver a strong return on investment on this media spend.
This leader (and her/his team) will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Define the SelectQuote television and radio strategy for the term life division, the senior division, and the final expense division to drive lead growth and optimize performance.
- Identify opportunities to accelerate lead growth in each division through the use of direct response, connected television/streaming, and pay per inquiry advertising
- Continually optimize the television and radio spend based on performance results to ensure the maximum ROI for SelectQuote
- Partner with the marketing divisional leads and the workflow team to ensure that lead and revenue goals are being met and make adjustments as needed to meet targets
- Collaborate with data science and analytics teams to strengthen our lead attribution model to more accurately predict which on-line leads have been driven through television and radio media
- Manage a team that will lead the execution of the television and radio buy – this is inclusive of media negotiation, trafficking of spots, and tracking performance
- Provide leadership for SelectQuote as it intensifies efforts in new and emerging media such as connected television, streaming services, and podcasts
Training & Experience:
- 10+ years of direct response television buying and strategy in support of driving lead generation
- 10+ years of direct response radio buying and strategy in support of driving lead generation
- Experience managing media budgets in excess of $40 million annually and delivering strong return on investment
- Detailed understanding and experience in pay per inquiry advertising is required – specific knowledge and understanding of how to execute these agreements with networks (without a third party)
- Proven results in lead generation environments
- Successful execution of connected television and streaming campaigns
- 5+ years of experience in offline to online media attribution
- Experience in lead generation for the insurance agency preferred (other applicable disciplines include medical supplies, mass tort litigation, durable medical supplies, identity theft, etc.)
- Proven experience as both a player and a coach – ability to execute while also leading and influencing others
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred)
- Extremely strong analytical skills to aid in media optimizations, attribution, and strategy development
- Strong communication skills and a proven ability to influence peers
- Excellent executive presence as this role will have C-suite visibility
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Entrepreneurial spirit – creativity to identify opportunities when others may not see them and a willingness to “roll up your sleeves” to execute
- Self-motivated with an extremely strong sense of urgency
- Flexibility to adapt and change as priorities evolve
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, work from home stipend, and other paid leaves vary based on work location.