The goal of the SelectQuote internship program is to provide an opportunity to develop industry related knowledge, and enhance skills that are transferable to any type of professional setting. No matter what your skills and professional experience, a SelectQuote internship is a chance to develop them even further. For this reason, along with the day to day intern duties, SelectQuote interns will work together on a multitude of special projects, community events, and fun activities throughout the duration of the internship program. The balance of the day-to-day work, along with diverse projects and community involvement, will provide our interns with a well-rounded learning experience that will enhance their overall professional development.
We are looking for a bright, creative, analytical marketing intern to join our growth marketing department. This individual is hungry to learn, highly adaptable, and motivated to succeed. Our Growth Marketing Intern will work directly with the Growth Marketing team, gaining hands-on experience through a variety of projects. They will learn how to build large scale advertising campaigns on digital ad networks using competitive research, ad creation and targeting. They will learn how to optimize digital media accounts, combining advertising data with SelectQuote back-end data, and make data-driven recommendations. This individual should be hungry to learn, adaptable, detail oriented, and highly motivated.
● Working across all SelectQuote divisions
● Daily budget and performance reporting
● Deep-dive research into profitability drivers
● Investigate audience characteristics and how those translate to success
● Work with growth team on recommendations based on reporting and data analysis
● Perform campaign analysis with market-leading research tools
● Write and test new ad copy, learning and adhering to SelectQuote compliance standards
● Attend cross-division meetings with the growth team, key internal stakeholders, and partners.
What You Need to be Successful:
● Possess a positive outlook and friendly attitude.
● Ability to receive coaching and a desire to enhance learning.
● Has a self-starter attitude with a high level of motivation.
● Ability to adapt and use new technologies in the workplace.
● High level of attention to detail while providing accurate data aligned with
• Availability starting Summer 2020 Early May- Early August
• Currently enrolled in Junior or Senior year of college/university
• Degree focused in Marketing, Business, or related field
• Ability to work in our Overland Park, KS office for the duration of the internship.
Won the 2019 award for "Best Place to Work" by Kansas City Business Journal - our culture is one of innovation, collaboration and continuous learning, all centered around promise to save our customers time and money. SelectQuote has experienced rapid growth in recent years but always keeps a positive workplace culture with open communication across departments and a commitment to inclusion, diversity, and innovation as a main priority.