The goal of the SelectQuote internship program is to provide an opportunity to develop industry-related knowledge, and enhance skills that are transferable to any type of professional setting. No matter what your skills and professional experience, a SelectQuote internship is a chance to develop them even further. For this reason along with the day to day intern duties SelectQuote interns will work together on a multitude of special projects, community events, and fun activities throughout the duration of the internship program. The balance of the day-to-day work along with diverse projects, and community involvement will provide our interns with a well-rounded learning experience that will enhance their overall professional development.
- Analyze company performance history to determine optimum levels of productivity, helping to minimize waste.
- Become familiar with customer relationship management software (SelectCare).
- Perform SQL queries for real time updates on reporting requests.
- Develop and maintain responsibility for performance and metric reporting on an historical basis.
- Identify workflow/system improvements and present solutions to management team.
- Provide analytical support for best business practices across all company departments (Finance, Marketing, Sales, etc.).
- Produce clear and concise presentations regarding projects and other assigned tasks.
- Provide analysis for strategic initiatives through modeling and sensitivity tool usage.
What You Need to be Successful:
- Possess a positive outlook and friendly attitude.
- Ability to receive coaching and a desire to enhance learning.
- Has a self-starter attitude with a high level of motivation.
- Ability to adapt and use new technologies in the workplace.
- High level of attention to detail while providing accurate data aligned with departmental standards.
- Availability from May 28th, 2019 until August 6th, 2019.
- Currently enrolled in Junior or Senior year of college/university
- Degree focused in Economics, Business, or related field
- Ability to work in our Overland Park, KS office for the duration of the internship.
Won the 2019 award for "Best Place to Work" by Kansas City Business Journal - our culture is one of innovation, collaboration and continuous learning, all centered around promise to save our customers time and money. SelectQuote has experienced rapid growth in recent years but always keeps a positive workplace culture with open communication across departments and a commitment to inclusion, diversity, and innovation as a main priority.
Find us online for more information: