Founded in 1985, SelectQuote provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. The company pioneered the model of providing unbiased comparisons from multiple, highly rated insurance companies allowing consumers to choose the policy and terms that best meet their unique needs. Two foundational pillars underpin SelectQuote’s success: a strong force of highly trained and skilled agents, who provide consultative needs analysis for every consumer, and proprietary technology that sources and routes high-quality leads. The company has three core business lines: SelectQuote Senior, SelectQuote Life and SelectQuote Auto and Home. SelectQuote Senior, the largest and fastest-growing business, serves the needs of a demographic that sees 10,000 people turn 65 each day with a range of Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans.
The Senior Vice President of Risk Management serves as a senior compliance risk role for Compliance Risk Management and Implementation. The role reports to General Council and is responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, staffing, and processes related to monitoring and fostering awareness of Carrier oversight and regulatory requirements that SelectQuote must comply with regarding all aspects of the insurance distribution business. In addition, assessing related risk exposure, overseeing the quality of control processes and setting global standards to manage and mitigate those risks and protect the company and insurance distribution partners.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Develop, implement and administer all aspects of the Insurance Distribution Compliance Program both related to internal distribution as well as any down line compliance program
- Manage all compliance communication, process and procedures between SelectQuote and any distribution partner
- Monitors all compliance related to distribution marketing
- Monitors and reviews all processes and procedures related to any Federal or State phone related regulation rules, CMS, Carrier, Healthcare, TCPA, etc.
- Perform various quality control reviews and monitoring in the area of AML OFAC, PCI, HIPAA and other insurance distribution program compliance, including, but not limited to, consumer State privacy laws, using standards and regulatory compliance sampling methods to ensure that Compliance efforts are maintained
- Advise the Compliance Officer and Management of any emerging new issue and assist in the implementation of proper controls
- Liaise with other departments to ensure adherence to the KYC and other third-party vendor compliance programs.
- Prepare periodic reports for management and various committees
- Monitor the insurance distribution and other associated regulatory areas to identify laws/regulations and determine applicability to the Company
- Assist with the annual review of Compliance policies and procedures.
- Assist the Compliance Officer in analyzing new product development and enhancements to the Compliance platform
- Oversees the process of any formal or informal carrier related compliance issues and develops communications and possible SLAs in line with the Company’s response
- Works with marketing and sales to develop strategies that comply with any regulatory aspect
- Works with Legal in overseeing all contracting including any downline agency contracting and compliance oversight related to downline process
- Is present on any compliance related call with Carriers, regulators, down lines, consultants, sales, etc.
- Actively partners with the business to ensure proper compliance understanding, auditing, etc.
- Works hand in hand with operational compliance, who is the operational review aspect of compliance, to implement any necessary policy changes that need to be reviewed, scored, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, leadership capabilities and analytical skills.
- Self-starter that has excellent project management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to solve routine or complicated problems effectively and drive projects to successful completion.
- Aptitude to develop partnerships with teams within the department and across the company.
- Ability to compose and present comprehensive reports.
- Proficient at planning, organizing and presenting training activities to diverse employee groups.
- Comfortable with authoring many types of documents, including agendas, action/project plans, and presentations
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years practicing as a lawyer in private practice is preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in Compliance Operations within an organization. 5+ years with exposure to call center and Regulatory Compliance in the insurance distribution and/or healthcare industry.
- Knowledge of HIPAA, TCPA, and other related insurance distribution regulatory compliance policies
It’s an exciting time to join SelectQuote. We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, and other paid leaves vary based on work location.