Founded in 1985, SelectQuote provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. The company pioneered the model of providing unbiased comparisons from multiple, highly rated insurance companies allowing consumers to choose the policy and terms that best meet their unique needs. Two foundational pillars underpin SelectQuote’s success: a strong force of highly trained and skilled agents, who provide consultative needs analysis for every consumer, and proprietary technology that sources and routes high-quality leads. The company has three core business lines: SelectQuote Senior, SelectQuote Life and SelectQuote Auto and Home. SelectQuote Senior, the largest and fastest-growing business, serves the needs of a demographic that sees 10,000 people turn 65 each day with a range of Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans.Job Summary:
The Director of Healthcare Compliance will be responsible for health care regulatory strategy and coordinate with members of the Population Health team to develop the structural and operational aspects of compliance programs associated with delivering and coordinating health care services.This position will provide guidance around compliance goals, strategy, tactics, and measurement.
As a leader, the ideal candidate must be able to communicate and influence internal team members, external partners, and the working team to meet objectives. The candidate must have a proven track record of driving compliant health care operations and interactions with potential and current Population Health consumers. The candidate must also have strong organizational, prioritization, decision-making, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Responsible for all health care regulatory compliance with respect to Population Health
- Coordinate and facilitate all regulatory contracting issues with health care service providers and other partners
- Provide support, guidance and direction in the development of policies, procedures, and other structures necessary to comply with legal requirements and support the operational areas in the implementation of such policies, procedures, and other changes as required.
- Develop and validate consumer privacy and data sharing authorizations under US and individual state laws and regulations
- Understand, analyze and manage with the business operational workflow related to managing consumer health care data
- Coordinates and tracks institution-wide monitoring of healthcare data management compliance
- Conducts healthcare regulatory compliance audits by implementing ongoing operational compliance reviews and to identify institution-wide trends, issues and risk areas;
- Assists the Chief Compliance Officer in responding to reports of suspected non-compliance, including, but not limited to, record maintenance and assisting investigations
- Assists with the operational compliance efforts across all health care services by developing, revising, and formulating policies and procedures and compliance risk mitigation strategies
- Presents findings at departmental meetings regarding compliance issues
- Conducts quality assurance reviews, and disseminates information regarding internal operational compliance and external service partners responsible for departmental compliance efforts
- Develop and perform internal audits and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Acts as a resource for the business and partners compliance readiness
- Maintains effective and cooperative communication with the business owners and external service providers and partners their departmental compliance personnel.
- Maintains knowledge of current regulatory requirements by monitoring federal and state laws impacting program operations. Analyzes the information, and prepares/circulates written communications to affected business areas regarding such laws
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strategic orientation and ability to creatively problem solve
- Assertive, with the ability to work well as part of a team and under deadline pressure.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Experience
- Outstanding communication and listening skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously with thoroughness and precision, to prioritize and to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Detail Oriented
- Interpersonal Skills
Training and Experience:
- Minimum Education Required: A college degree or equivalent
- Master’s degree in a related business field is preferred
- Minimum Work Experience: 2-5 years supporting business operations
- Experience working with federal health care agencies and regulators
It’s an exciting time to join SelectQuote. We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, work from home stipend, and other paid leaves vary based on work location.