Founded in 1985, SelectQuote provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. The company pioneered the model of providing unbiased comparisons from multiple, highly rated insurance companies allowing consumers to choose the policy and terms that best meet their unique needs. Two foundational pillars underpin SelectQuote’s success: a strong force of highly trained and skilled agents, who provide consultative needs analysis for every consumer, and proprietary technology that sources and routes high-quality leads. The company has three core business lines: SelectQuote Senior, SelectQuote Life and SelectQuote Auto and Home. SelectQuote Senior, the largest and fastest-growing business, serves the needs of a demographic that sees 10,000 people turn 65 each day with a range of Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans.
This position will support the day-to-day operations of employee leave of absence programs. Our ideal candidate is proactive, hands on, and has the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while taking pride in attention to detail and delivering excellent service levels. This individual will have an opportunity to:
- Deliver an excellent employee experience in the area of leave administration
- Identify opportunities for improvement to existing processes and procedures
- Assist with leave processes in compliance with federal, state, and local laws
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the day to day administration of the leave programs, including but not limited to: FMLA, ADA, short-term disability, long-term disability, state mandated leaves, and company leave programs
- Provide excellent customer service support to employees in relation to leave of absence inquiries and issues within the HR service desk ticketing system
- Ensure employee leave status is reflected accurately in HR systems, leave administration systems, and timekeeping/payroll through the entirety of the leave
- Work collaboratively with the benefits team, HR, payroll, and other functional areas to ensure program administration is consistent and compliant
- Assist with gathering required information as requested to state agencies for statutory disability and leave programs
- Assist with workers’ compensation incident reporting and tracking
- Responsible and accountable for protecting personal health information, maintaining a high level of confidentiality and abiding by HIPAA rules and regulations
- Maintain a high level of respect, empathy, and professionalism to associates’ personal circumstances
- Facilitate communication between associates, management, HR personnel, and legal, as necessary
- Provide reporting and analytics on leave data, including trending metrics and identifying key issues and escalating as necessary
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual reports for HR and management as requested
- Conducting data audits as necessary to ensure employee data accuracy between HRIS, timekeeping, and leave administration systems
- Maintain various HRIS systems for leave administration (i.e. UltiPro, PlanSource, Benefits Prime, etc.).
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- 1+ years’ experience in HR preferred
- Good understanding of benefit administration and benefit structures
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational communication skills and conflict resolution techniques
- Proven ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to be both proactive and flexible
- Proficient in HRIS systems
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Continual learner and improvement mindset
- Proven time management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
It’s an exciting time to join SelectQuote. We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, work from home stipend, and other paid leaves vary based on work location.