Founded in 1985, SelectQuote (NYSE: SLQT) provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. SelectRX, a subsidiary of SelectQuote, is prioritizing important population health initiatives focused on actively managed, high-touch patient experience by improving patient engagement and health literacy, simplifying the healthcare journey and facilitating better healthcare options through value-based partnerships.
SelectRX is a high touch, technology-driven specialized medication management pharmacy. We engage virtually with patients to ensure accurate prescription records are maintained in order to achieve improved prescription drug adherence. SelectRX does this by providing a personalized clinical approach driven by a robust technology platform to track adherence with a world-class pharmaceutical packing and distribution facility.
Under the direct supervision of the Pharmacy Manager, the Staff Pharmacist are responsible and accountable for the provision of safe, effective, and prompt medication therapy. The staff Pharmacist participate in all necessary aspects of the medication-use system while providing comprehensive and individualized pharmaceutical care to the patients in their assigned areas.
- Operate within the professional standards and in compliance with Federal, State, and local regulations.
- Performs professional duties and responsibilities associated with the processing of prescriptions to meet the SelectRx objectives and personally maintains a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Compounds, dispenses, checks, and verifies that all prescription and health-related product orders are processed in accordance with Federal, State, local laws and regulations governing the dispensing of medications and other healthcare related products.
- Implement and maintain policies and procedures of the Pharmacy Department.
- Comply and adhere to professional practices and management of hourly pharmacy associates.
- Ensure prompt and courteous customer service by all pharmacy associates.
- Assist in training and supervising pharmacy technicians and other support staff.
- Assist in monitoring pharmacy associates performance ratings.
- Assist Pharmacy Manager to ensure profitable operations of Pharmacy Department.
- Actively develops and oversees policies and procedures for drug purchasing, drug distribution, and inventory drug control.Reviews pharmacy audit reports and implement cost saving initiatives.
- Implement audit and quality control procedures to ensure compliance with SelectRx and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains files, records and submits required pharmacy reports.
- Identifies, evaluates, and interpret prescriptions.
- Receives new prescription orders orally from prescribers or other persons authorized by law.
- Ability to monitor drug therapy of patients and recognizes significant drug interactions.
- Supervises the packaging of drugs and checks the packaging procedure and product upon completion.
- Responsible for overseeing all activities of pharmacy technicians to ensure that all activities are performed completely, safely and without risk or harm to patients.
- Consults with patients or his/her agent regarding prescriptions, either prior to or after dispensing, or regarding any medical information contained in patients’ medication record system or patient’s chart, as mandated by OBRA regulations.
- Consults with any prescriber, nurse, or other health care professional or authorized agent thereof.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with the medical community in which SelectRx serves.
- Resolves customer complaints and recommend corrective action plans.
- Treats all patients’/clients’ with respect and courtesy; respects the patients’/clients’ rights to confidentiality and works cooperatively with other members of professional and non-professional staff.
- Attend SelectRx team meetings when requested.
- Market the positive image of Select Rx throughout the local communities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must possess the ability to work with automated prescription systems
- Maintains proficiency in pharmacy computer systems and medication ordering symtems.
- Possess good organizational and time-management skills.
- Demonstrates appropriate written and oral communication skills.
- High degree of interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Understand and maintains confidentiality regarding patient medications and illnesses (HIPPA).
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management, associates, clients, and general public.
- Able to stand or sit for extended periods of time while performing duties.
Training & Experience:
- B.S. Pharmacy degree or Pharm. D. degree from an accredited School of Pharmacy.
- The Pharmacist must currently be licensed by the PA State Board of Pharmacy to practice pharmacy in the state of Pennsylvania.
It’s an exciting time to join SelectRX, a subsidiary of SelectQuote. We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree. SelectRX strives to be a one-stop-shop for Senior Health Information needs, including Medicare Plan Benefits, Healthcare Literacy, Value-Based primary Care, Prescription Drug Management and Patient Engagement.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, work from home stipend, and other paid leaves vary based on work location.