Founded in 1985, SelectQuote provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. The company pioneered the model of providing unbiased comparisons from multiple, highly rated insurance companies allowing consumers to choose the policy and terms that best meet their unique needs. Two foundational pillars underpin SelectQuote’s success: a strong force of highly trained and skilled agents, who provide consultative needs analysis for every consumer, and proprietary technology that sources and routes high-quality leads. The company has three core business lines: SelectQuote Senior, SelectQuote Life and SelectQuote Auto and Home. SelectQuote Senior, the largest and fastest-growing business, serves the needs of a demographic that sees 10,000 people turn 65 each day with a range of Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans.
This position leads the national Service Desk team that is responsible for all the operational aspects of IT including service desk and desktop support across the entire organization.
- Oversee service desk daily operations
- Leverage the use of best practice processes (ITIL, ITSM, etc.) to provide efficient and effective support and operational excellence
- Mentor Technical Leads for future opportunities
- Can perform all functions of all technical levels
- GSuite Administration
- Active Directory User & Group Administration
- Manage and maintain SLAs and metrics required
- Escalation contact for technicians
- Collaborate directly with LAN technicians/network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company’s ServiceDesk computing environment.
- Solve computer related problems, troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Process & Procedure creation
- Inventory management and updates
- Building and setup of new employee computer systems including software operating systems, security updates and virus software
- Lead in monitoring networked computer equipment
- Lead in the implementation and maintenance of the computer telephony interface environment
- Lead Departmental moves
- Excellent understanding and ability to troubleshoot SelectCare and all other software used.
- Ability to help team members with questions and lead others with troubleshooting ideas.
- Server management including AVI, Fusion, and Print Servers
- Escalation manager with 3rd party applications, tools, and vendors
- Other relevant duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Working knowledge of Active Directory
- In-depth knowledge of PC’s and operating systems
- Ability to gain knowledge and understanding of internal software
- Works well under pressure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Thorough understanding of help desk operations
- Ability to work under pressure to meet targets and deadlines
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and adapt quickly to change
- Team Player
Training and Experience:
- Experience leading teams of 5 or more members in person and remotely
- Ability to see projects through to completion
- High school degree required and Bachelor’s degree desirable
It’s an exciting time to join SelectQuote. We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, work from home stipend, and other paid leaves vary based on work location.