Founded in 1985, SelectQuote provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. The company pioneered the model of providing unbiased comparisons from multiple, highly rated insurance companies allowing consumers to choose the policy and terms that best meet their unique needs. Two foundational pillars underpin SelectQuote’s success: a strong force of highly trained and skilled agents, who provide consultative needs analysis for every consumer, and proprietary technology that sources and routes high-quality leads. The company has three core business lines: SelectQuote Senior, SelectQuote Life and SelectQuote Auto and Home. SelectQuote Senior, the largest and fastest-growing business, serves the needs of a demographic that sees 10,000 people turn 65 each day with a range of Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans.
As the Chief Marketing Officer at SelectQuote, the position will be responsible for developing and executing marketing initiatives to drive customer acquisition and accelerate revenue growth. We are seeking an entrepreneurial leader who can bring a strong perspective, drive internal marketing growth, implement creative marketing strategies, and increase our presence in the market. This is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact and shape the future of our organization.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Develop and execute the overall marketing strategy to drive customer acquisition and revenue growth
- Direct responsibility in building a best in class broad Digital and Social strategy to drive efficient leads in all lines of SelectQuote
- Create and implement highly creative and impactful marketing campaigns that effectively position our company, products, and services in the market
- Leverage your deep understanding of marketing technology or sales technology to identify new trends, opportunities, and industry best practices
- Lead and inspire a high-performing marketing team fostering a culture of creativity, collaboration, and continuous improvement
- Collaborate closely with the executive team to align marketing initiatives with financial/business goals and support the overall company strategy
- Oversee the development and execution of multi-channel marketing programs, including digital marketing, content marketing, lead generation, and partnerships
- Drive customer segmentation, market research, and competitive analysis to identify target audiences, optimize messaging, and refine go-to-market strategies
- Monitor and analyze marketing performance metrics, leveraging data-driven insights to optimize marketing strategies and drive continuous improvement
- Stay ahead of industry trends, emerging technologies, and customer needs to identify opportunities for innovation and growth
- Oversee marketing governance related to compliance, contracting, etc.
- Overall P&L responsibility within marketing headcount and in overall ensuring the marketing team is properly partnered with the business units to achieve annual and long term budget goals
Education and Experience:
- Proven track record of success as a Chief Marketing Officer or in a senior marketing leadership role at marketing technology or sales technology companies
- Extensive knowledge in a variety of disciplines such as finance, production, information technology, legal and compliance
- Exceptional creativity and a demonstrated ability to think outside the box to develop innovative marketing strategies
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing platforms, offline media, and marketing technologies
- Extensive experience in developing and executing successful multi-channel marketing campaigns (direct response/direct-to-consumer marketing experience preferred)
- Experience in growth marketing and ability to track trends, measure campaign success, and create lead generation funnels
- Excellent leadership and people management skills, with a track record of building and leading high-performing marketing teams
- Strategic mindset with the ability to align marketing initiatives with business objectives
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
It’s an exciting time to join SelectQuote. We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, and other paid leaves vary based on work location.