Founded in 1985, SelectQuote (NYSE: SLQT) provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. The company pioneered the model of providing unbiased comparisons from multiple, highly rated insurance companies allowing consumers to choose the policy and terms that best meet their unique needs. Two foundational pillars underpin SelectQuote’s success: a strong force of highly trained and skilled agents, who provide consultative needs analysis for every consumer, and proprietary technology that sources and routes high quality leads. The company has three core business lines: SelectQuote Senior, SelectQuote Life and SelectQuote Auto and Home. SelectQuote Senior, the largest and fastest-growing business, serves the needs of a demographic that sees 10,000 people turn 65 each day with a range of Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans.
The Marketing Manager role is a key position that will assist with the development and execution of the marketing plan for the Life Insurance division of SelectQuote. As a Marketing Manager for SelectQuote, you will work closely with internal marketing team members along with members of other departments and vendors to develop and analyze metrics and reports that will be used to hit performance targets for a multimillion-dollar annual marketing budget, including both operational and financial measures. This is a data driven role, the analyses performed will drive company decisions that will have an immediate impact on the business’ performance. The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded, analytical general manager who can be operationally focused and able to thrive managing a disparate set of resources.
As a leader on this team, the ideal candidate must be able to communicate and influence internal marketing team members, the executive team, external partners, and the working team to meet objectives. Strong leadership and communications skills are imperative for this role.
- Develop a robust understanding of SelectQuote Life profitability and key profit drivers across marketing channels, customer segments, products, etc. This will ultimately drive the development and execution of the lead generation plan.
- Develop detailed, quantitative analysis work associated with developing meaningful insights to business performance
- Identify optimizations to the marketing plan based on weekly performance results to ensure the highest possible return on the marketing investment
- Help to develop the monthly and annual lead generation plan in support of the defined goals of the Life division
- Work with internal and external partners/vendors to ensure that they are delivering on their lead quality/quantity commitments with appropriate economic returns. These partners may include our media agencies, marketing shared services, and affiliate partnerships.
- Collaborate with internal teams and external partners on new ways to generate incremental, cost-effective lead volume
- Develop customer segmentation, targeting, and positioning to drive media and creative development for internal marketing teams
- Partner with the sales team and workflow to ensure lead distribution is optimized
- Lead strategic and cross-functional initiatives in support of the SelectQuote Life Division (e.g. launch of new business opportunities, etc.)
- Standardize and maintain metrics within the cube, Power BI and other reporting interfaces
- Provide variance and impact analyses of lead generation, cost, revenue and contribution margin
- Collaborate closely with internal marketing team members to develop ad hoc reporting as needed to ensure each team has the data needed to hit KPI targets
- Collaborate with members of Sales, Finance, Operations and Accounting departments
- Serve as subject matter expert and give business direction to the Data Science and Business Intelligence groups
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated leadership skills to drive optimal business performance
- Strong communication skills and a proven ability to influence teams and manage internal resources
- Progressive experience in roles demanding analytical rigor and discipline
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Best in class analytical skills
- Functional analytical skills (projecting, costing, budgeting, etc.)
- Detail-oriented aptitude
- Ability to make decisions with incomplete/imperfect data
- Experience in operations and operational disciplines such as program and project management
- Entrepreneurial spirit – creativity to identify opportunities when others may not see them and a willingness to “roll up your sleeves” to execute
- Experience managing partners and a willingness to have “tough conversations” to get the results needed
- Articulate and well-spoken; strong interpersonal, written communication and presentation skills; comfortable with high degree of interaction with senior leadership team
- Self-motivated with an extremely strong sense of urgency
- Flexibility to adapt and change as priorities evolve
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time
- Fast learner who is career minded and seeks additional responsibility as earned
Training & Experience:
- 5+ years of progressive management experience
- At least 5 years of experience in an operational discipline (management, marketing, program management)
- Demonstrated ability to manage and deliver against budget targets
- Proven experience as both a player and a coach – ability to execute while also leading and influencing others
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred)
- Skilled with Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint
- SQL experience is preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment managing multiple projects, multiple channels and segments simultaneously in a cross-functional team
It’s an exciting time to join SelectQuote. We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, work from home stipend, and other paid leaves vary based on work location.