Founded in 1985, SelectQuote provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. The company pioneered the model of providing unbiased comparisons from multiple, highly rated insurance companies allowing consumers to choose the policy and terms that best meet their unique needs. Two foundational pillars underpin SelectQuote’s success: a strong force of highly trained and skilled agents, who provide consultative needs analysis for every consumer, and proprietary technology that sources and routes high-quality leads. The company has three core business lines: SelectQuote Senior, SelectQuote Life and SelectQuote Auto and Home. SelectQuote Senior, the largest and fastest-growing business, serves the needs of a demographic that sees 10,000 people turn 65 each day with a range of Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans.
This position will support the day-to-day operations of employee leave of absence programs. Our ideal candidate is proactive, hands on, and has the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while taking pride in attention to detail and delivering excellent service levels.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Provides excellent customer service support to employees in relation to leave of absence inquiries and issues within the HR service desk ticketing system
- Delivers an excellent employee experience in the area of leave administration
- Facilitates communication between associates, management, HR personnel, and legal, as necessary
- Assists with leave processes in compliance with federal, state, and local laws while administering over 200 leaves in a given month
- Provides reporting and analytics on leave data, including trending metrics and identifying key issues and escalating as necessary
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual reports for HR and management as requested
- Conducts data audits as necessary to ensure employee data accuracy between HRIS, timekeeping, and leave administration systems
- Identifies opportunities for improvement to existing processes and procedures
- Assists with the day to day administration of the leave programs, including but not limited to: FMLA, ADA, short-term disability, long-term disability, state mandated leaves, and company leave programs
- Ensures employee leave status is reflected accurately in HR systems, leave administration systems, and timekeeping/payroll through the entirety of the leave
- Works collaboratively with the benefits team, HR, payroll, and other functional areas to ensure program administration is consistent and compliant
- Assists with gathering required information as requested to state agencies for statutory disability and leave programs
- Assists with workers’ compensation incident reporting and tracking
- Responsible and accountable for protecting personal health information, maintaining a high level of confidentiality and abiding by HIPAA rules and regulations
- Maintains a high level of respect, empathy, and professionalism to associates’ personal circumstances
- Maintains various HRIS systems for leave administration (i.e. UltiPro, PlanSource, Benefits Prime, etc.).
- Good understanding of benefit administration and benefit structures
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational communication skills and conflict resolution techniques
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to be both proactive and flexible
- Proficient in HRIS systems
- Proven ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Continual learner and improvement mindset
- Proven time management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office , strong excel skills preferred
Education and Experience:
- 1+ years’ experience in HR preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
SelectQuote Core Values:
Service: We create positive customer experiences.
Entrepreneurship: We create, innovate, & take risks.
Leadership: We build & invest in high-performing teams.
Empowerment: We embrace a changing environment.
Courage: We challenge the status quo & drive continuous improvement.
Teamwork: We help, support, & celebrate each other.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
It’s an exciting time to join SelectQuote. We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, and other paid leaves vary based on work location.