Are you looking for a consultative sales role that offers high earnings potential - while simplifying the life insurance shopping experience through daily client conversations?
Join SelectQuote Life & Health Advisors (LHA)
The Life & Health Advisor role is critical to the success of SelectQuote LHA Division and is the first interaction for clients seeking options to protect their family and loved ones through final expense whole life insurance products.
Agents within SelectQuote’s Final Expense Division receive warm inbound pre-screened leads and utilize a consultative sales approach in selling final expense whole life insurance and ancillary insurance products. Cold calling is not a requirement of the role, however you will often follow-up with clients through the sales process and in some cases when they have follow-up questions or want to provide a referral.
SelectQuote provides in-depth training to ensure agents are knowledgeable of the products we offer and the assistance we can provide to clients to simplify the shopping experience. The training program also ensures agents are able to confidently answer client questions and are well versed in the sales process, software and carrier products. The SelectQuote sales platform offers sophisticated proprietary software to analyze best product match for the consumer, immediate decision at the point of sale, and transparent options to provide clients - so that agents can spend less time navigating systems and more time selling.
The role offers competitive base salary and uncapped commissions for team members. Total compensation is a combination of an hourly rate as well as bonuses and commissions that are some of the most competitive in the industry. SelectQuote offers a wide range of other incentives such as company trips, daily/monthly sales incentives and prizes. SelectQuote makes a real difference in client’s and associate’s lives which has earned SelectQuote a national award for “Best Place to Work.”
What We Offer:
● Unbiased comparison shopping - We represent A-rated carriers that allow advisors the flexibility of unbiased comparison shopping, to ensure we match customers with the products that meet their needs.
● All leads are provided – No cold calling or prospecting
● High earning potential – Base, commissions, bonuses, and cash incentives with an income range of $60K - $150K+. Top producers are currently making well over $100k annually in a W2 environment.
● Ramping compensation includes high base pay ($18.00/hour) and commissions.
● Benefits – Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long-term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, and other paid leaves vary based on work location
● Growth opportunities – We offer leadership development training and promote from within for those employees seeking career advancement between all SelectQuote divisions (Auto/Home, Senior, Population Health and Term Life)
What You Need to be Successful:
● Coachability & willingness to learn - You’ll go through an extensive training program to learn about insurance products, sales processes and SelectQuote.
● Competitive personality & an internal motivation - You need to have the drive to overcome customers objections and compete with yourself and other advisors to succeed and hit new goals.
● Ambitious sales-minded approach with strong interpersonal skills to build rapport with prospective customers.
● Time efficiency & technology skills - Be efficient with you and your customer’s time. Be able to multitask and manipulate multiple screens including our software system, quote engine, and carrier applications while continuing a conversation with the customer.
● Positivity - It’s important to be positive in this role and quickly be able to move onto the next call/sale.
Training, Experience, & Necessities:
● High school diploma or the equivalent is required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
● Minimum of 1-year Sales experience required
● 1-year of Telesales experience is preferred
● If no proven sales experience, examples of jobs that may be considered are: Financial Planning, Retention, Debt Collection, Debt consolidation, Business Owner, Managed Financial P&L and/or Client Service/Hospitality
● Track record in career progression preferred
● Life, Accident, & Health resident insurance license. If you’re not already licensed, you must become licensed by a given deadline (licensing costs will be reimbursed after successfully completing our training program).
● Hardwired high-speed internet connection with a minimum download speed of 20mbps and upload speed of 20mbps
● Live in one of our remote states: AL, AR, AZ, CO, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, LA, MI, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NM, NJ, NV, OH, OK, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI, WV, WY and select areas of CA