Founded in 1985, SelectQuote provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. SelectRX, a subsidiary of SelectQuote, is prioritizing important population health initiatives focused on actively managed, high-touch patient experience by improving patient engagement and health literacy, simplifying the healthcare journey and facilitating better healthcare options through value-based partnerships.
SelectRX is a high touch, technology-driven specialized medication management pharmacy. We engage virtually with patients to ensure accurate prescription records are maintained in order to achieve improved prescription drug adherence. SelectRX does this by providing a personalized clinical approach driven by a robust technology platform to track adherence with a world-class pharmaceutical packing and distribution facility.
The Supervisor, Pharmacy Shipping is responsible for overseeing and ensuring successful operation of the shipping & receiving department. This individual will assist the Pharmacist-In-Charge (PIC)/ Pharmacy Staff in sorting and packing of medication/supplies for delivery/ shipments to community based clients. This person will Achieve customer satisfaction by promptly packing, delivering/shipping orders accurately and in a timely manner, addressing client questions and concerns, and continuously maintaining Express Med Pharmaceuticals, Inc.’s positive image throughout the local communities.
- Responsible for overseeing and ensuring successful operation of the Shipping & Receiving department
- Delivery Department Maintenance – Responsible for overall maintenance and up-keep of delivery department/storage room (s). Delegate and perform daily, weekly, and monthly duties to include, but not limited to; coordinate/ route all Community based deliveries, scheduling of all delivery personnel, trash disposal (both regular & confidential) and clean dumpster room (dirty area), break down all boxes, cleaning counters & delivery shelves, staging bins & delivery totes, cleaning equipment (IV pumps/poles, DME equipment), receiving and stocking shelves, cleaning pharmacy refrigerator, processing mail, building shelves, medical records filing and cleaning & maintaining pharmacy medication carts, etc.
- Vehicle Maintenance/Fleet Management – Works in collaboration with Fleet Manager to ensure that delivery vehicles are maintained and kept up to ensure driver safety. Collaborate with Fleet Manager to ensure such duties as oil changes, tire rotations, re-fueling, changing head lights, cleaning vehicles interior/exterior on a scheduled basis, and any other maintenance that must be performed in order to keep fleet in good working condition and operating efficiently. Responsible for managing and reporting any mechanical malfunctions or physical damage to vehicles to Executive management. Ensure that Vehicle Inspections Logs are being maintained in each vehicle and being filled out appropriately
- Budget/Purchasing – assists in developing and maintaining a budget for the delivery department on an annual basis. Assist in the bidding process of department supplies and services. Purchase necessary department supplies as approved by PIC.
- Oversees and manages all human resource elements for the shipping & receiving department
- Performs interviews and participate in hiring process for all potential shipping dept. candidates
- Promotes customer service orientation to all employees
- Runs and provides various delivery reporting to Admin staff to illustrate the departments operational and logistics workflow; reports can be daily, weekly, and monthly depending on what delivery and/or pharmacy metrics need measured
- Ensures sorting and packing of medications/supplies is in the appropriate manner per accounts/client
- Moves and handles totes, bins, and/or boxes weighing 5-100 lbs. from shipping area to stock/fill areas, then to vehicle, (assisting device i.e. cart, dolly, etc. available)
- Occasionally delivers medications/supplies to patients and obtain a signed delivery receipt. Also conduct surveys for clients on delivery satisfaction ∙ Supervises entering prescription numbers and delivery information into the pharmacy management system (PioneerRx) that generates delivery receipts
- Completes knowledge and understanding of the pharmacy’s CRM software (RxSource) and the pharmacy’s logistics software (SageQuest)
- Ensures pick up of all necessary paperwork from accounts/ clients to include but not limited to prescriptions, insurance information, returned medications/supplies, and give to appropriate department in pharmacy for processing
- Refers prescription and billing questions to Pharmacist and/or Billing Department
- Oversees packaging of all prescriptions, OTC, DME, and pharmacy supplies and mail processing for all facility and community based clients
- Understands all Pharmacy workflow operations and work closely with the Pharmacist in Charge (PIC) and all pharmacy departments to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the delivery department processes
- Ensures delivery log completion on a daily basis to include pharmacy departure time, route, locations to, total mileage traveled, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maneuver around the physical layout of the pharmacy and shipping/receiving areas
- Ability to work frequently in a seated position (while driving) and stand for long periods while not driving
- High degree of concentration required preventing injury to others and damage to vehicle when operating car/van on public roads
- Ability to work inside and outside but not regularly exposed to extreme weather conditions
- Ability to effectively manage all delivery staff and route coordination ∙ Demonstrates appropriate written and oral communication skills ∙ High degree of interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong team player
- Keep track of multiple tasks
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Reliable, outgoing and highly effective at relating to others
- A professional attitude is a must
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management, associates, clients, and general public
Education and Experience:
- Understands and maintains confidentiality regarding patient medications and illnesses (HIPPA)
- Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPh.T) required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Valid Indiana driver’s license
- Ability to push, pull, lift or carry items weighing up to 40 pounds.
It’s an exciting time to join SelectRX, a subsidiary of SelectQuote. We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree. SelectRX strives to be a one-stop-shop for Senior Health Information needs, including Medicare Plan Benefits, Healthcare Literacy, Value-Based primary Care, Prescription Drug Management and Patient Engagement.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, and other paid leaves vary based on work location.