SelectQuote Insurance Services is looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Associate to join our team. In this position you will work with a team of accountants in all operations to accurately record, enter and pay invoices. This individual should work with high intensity and integrity, possess intellectual curiosity, and have a passion for excellence.
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports. Processing will make up for a majority of the associates daily activity, heavier volumes during peak business months.
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verify federal ID numbers; schedule and prepare checks; resolve purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies; ensure credit is received for outstanding memos; issue stop-payments or purchase order amendments
- Follow up with vendors and internal departments to receive proper approval for invoice payments
- Assist with reviewing and coding of expense reports processed through Concur
- Respond to all vendor inquiries and perform monthly vendor reconciliations
- Assist with annual financial audit and answer audit inquiries
- Implement recommendations to improve accounting policies and procedures
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Assist with various month end tasks and account analysis
- Perform special projects and ad hoc analyses as needed
Knowledge & Skills:
- Quality Control/Attention to detail -The individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness when inputting invoices to ensure the expense is fully understood and validated.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Microsoft Excel (Intermediate level) – Able to write moderate formulas, analyze, and manipulate large amounts of data if needed.
- Planning/Organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently
- Dependable and Flexible
Training & Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- Possess an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or other related fields preferred.
- Working knowledge of NetSuite and Concur a plus.