This position is located onsite at our Pharmacy location and requires availability for the evening shift between the hours of 1:30pm-10:00pm.
Founded in 1985, SelectQuote provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. SelectRX, a subsidiary of SelectQuote, is prioritizing important population health initiatives focused on actively managed, high-touch patient experience by improving patient engagement and health literacy, simplifying the healthcare journey and facilitating better healthcare options through value-based partnerships.
SelectRX is a high touch, technology-driven specialized medication management pharmacy. We engage virtually with patients to ensure accurate prescription records are maintained in order to achieve improved prescription drug adherence. SelectRX does this by providing a personalized clinical approach driven by a robust technology platform to track adherence with a world-class pharmaceutical packing and distribution facility.
Pharmacy technicians assist licensed pharmacists in the preparation of prescriptions and other health related products as permitted by Federal, State, and local law. Achieve customer satisfaction by promptly processing and filling prescriptions accurately and timely. Technicians refer any questions regarding prescriptions, drug information, or health matters to a pharmacist. Maintain the policies and procedures of the Pharmacy Department.
- Prepares prescriptions for dispensing by the pharmacist by retrieving, counting, pouring, sorting, weighing, and at times mixing medication following all prescription error prevention procedures
- Processes orders, affixes medication labels and packages medications/ OTC’s for pharmacist review following all prescription error prevention procedures
- Processes/ fills prescriptions accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to use multiple software programs to review patient profiles and process medications orders
- Ability to use automated/ robotic dispensing devices to fulfill and package medications
- Stock pharmacy shelves
- Retrieve medications from stock and return after use
- Spot errors and follow procedures
- Maintain patient records with strong attention to detail
- Verifying the accuracy of patient and prescription information
- Refer prescription questions to Pharmacist
- Understand and always maintains confidentiality regarding patient medications and illnesses (Uphold HIPAA regulations).
- Does not inappropriately access, listen to, or distribute any sensitive information or allow others to do so
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to read merchandise/ pharmacy labels, SIG codes, to document information on prescriptions, third party forms, inter-office order forms, and communication forms
- Learn and retain information to include but not limited to product names and locations as well as drug usage instructions (SIG codes)
- Enter and retrieve data from the various operating systems employed in prescription processing and drug ordering and packaging
- Service orientated high degree of interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrates appropriate written and oral communication skills
- High degree of interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management, associates, clients, and public.
- Able to stand for extended periods to perform duties.
Additional Responsibilities as needed:
- Front and clean the inventory shelves/on a monthly basis or as requested by Management
- Clean work area at end of shift to include all medications, supplies, and other items to their proper locations; wipe down work area at the end of every shift
- Remove but not limited to out-of-date medications, recalls from pharmacy shelves, complete necessary paperwork for returning goods, and send to holding and shipping area
- Assist in the control of the pharmacy inventory
- Assist in the correction of managed care denied claims
Training and Experience:
- Must be 18+ years old. High school diploma/ or GED equivalent required
- Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPh.T) or at least 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area is preferred. If certified, maintain a current certificate.
- Complete required employer orientation as directed by pharmacy
It’s an exciting time to join SelectRX, a subsidiary of SelectQuote. We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree. SelectRX strives to be a one-stop-shop for Senior Health Information needs, including Medicare Plan Benefits, Healthcare Literacy, Value-Based primary Care, Prescription Drug Management and Patient Engagement.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, and other paid leaves vary based on work location.