Founded in 1985, SelectQuote (NYSE: SLQT) provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. SelectRX, a subsidiary of SelectQuote, is prioritizing important population health initiatives focused on actively managed, high-touch patient experience by improving patient engagement and health literacy, simplifying the healthcare journey and facilitating better healthcare options through value-based partnerships.
SelectRX is a high touch, technology-driven specialized medication management pharmacy. We engage virtually with patients to ensure accurate prescription records are maintained in order to achieve improved prescription drug adherence. SelectRX does this by providing a personalized clinical approach driven by a robust technology platform to track adherence with an excellent pharmaceutical packing and distribution facility.
The MTM Summer Intern will work remotely with the SelectRX Clinical Services Team to facilitate medication therapy management and other special programs. The summer intern will utilize Five9 software to make these calls and must be HIPAA compliant while conversing with the patient or leaving an appropriate voicemail. Summer Interns will have to complete training through their school of pharmacy and PPCN as needed to help the team with special projects and current clinical programs. This internship is 12 weeks and will begin May 20, 2024, and the shift is Monday through Friday 9 am to 5 pm Eastern time. All hardware will be provided via mail to the student.
Our Pharmacy Intern program includes opportunities in the following Pharmacy disciplines:
- Pharmacy Production & Operations
- Medical Therapy Management
- Pharmacy Communications
- Pharmacy Data Entry
- Execute Medication Therapy Management for the company through competency in MTM platforms.
- Use the pharmacy computer to complete all actions necessary to provide optimal patient care.
- Properly schedule and perform follow-up adherence calls to ensure success and continued compliance with medication.
- Provide adequate notes and documentation within the platform to ensure proper reimbursement, patient safety, and to provide a seamless management of patients amongst all staff.
- Demonstrate adherence to all company, state, and federal policies, laws, and regulations including HIPAA.
- Maintain a neat work environment to ensure all company, local, state, and federal requirements are met.
- Contact the physician office if necessary.
- Report errors, omissions, and incidents to pharmacists.
- Ensure exemplary customer service and satisfaction with knowledge and understanding to contact a Pharmacist when needed.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with the medical community in which SelectRx serves.
- Market the positive image of SelectRx throughout the local communities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Possess good organizational and time-management skills
- Demonstrates appropriate written and oral communication skills
- High degree of interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience with Google Suite (Gmail, Google Meet, etc.) is preferred
- Understand and maintain confidentiality regarding patient medications and illnesses (HIPAA).
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management, associates, clients, and general public.
Qualifications and Licensure:
- Good standing in an accredited School of Pharmacy
- Prior experience in a pharmacy setting preferred
- Third or fourth year of pharmacy school preferred
- Good communication skills and computer skills
- Travel Required: None
- Board of Pharmacy Intern Certificate in current state
It is an exciting time to join SelectRX, a subsidiary of SelectQuote. We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree. SelectRX strives to be a one-stop-shop for Senior Health Information needs, including Medicare Plan Benefits, Healthcare Literacy, Value-Based primary Care, Prescription Drug Management and Patient Engagement.
- Customized Medication Pouches - no more confusion about your next dose and no more sorting medications into pill boxes or containers
- Simplified – pouch packaging simplifies adherence for patients, the easy to read packs clearly state the medication dose, and time of administration
- Time Savings - no more trips to the pharmacy and waiting in long lines
- Refill Management – no more worrying about calling your doctor to request refills
- Proven Medication Adherence – 95% medication adherence for diabetes, hypertension, and cholesterol
- 5 Star Rating – recognized for performance on adherence and high risk medication measures
- High Touch – consistent touch points with patients to identify potential education opportunities
- Tailored Engagement – achieve improved medication adherence through customized engagement based on patient need
- Reduced Adverse Events – reduce adverse health events such as long-term hospitalizations and ER visits
- Medication Management to Improve Outcomes – focused on improving health outcomes through deliberate medication management programs resulting in better adherence.