Founded in 1985, SelectQuote provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. The company pioneered the model of providing unbiased comparisons from multiple, highly rated insurance companies allowing consumers to choose the policy and terms that best meet their unique needs. Two foundational pillars underpin SelectQuote’s success: a strong force of highly trained and skilled agents, who provide consultative needs analysis for every consumer, and proprietary technology that sources and routes high-quality leads. The company has three core business lines: SelectQuote Senior, SelectQuote Life and SelectQuote Auto and Home. SelectQuote Senior, the largest and fastest-growing business, serves the needs of a demographic that sees 10,000 people turn 65 each day with a range of Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans.
The Senior Director of SelectQuote Medicare Marketing is a crucial leadership role that will drive the development and execution of the marketing plan for the Medicare division of SelectQuote. The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded, analytical general manager who can build and execute on the marketing plan. This leader will oversee the development of a lead plan that will generate approximately 5M leads annually and manage a budget of $200 million to reach that goal. Currently, lead generation for the Medicare division comes from a mix of media types, external partners, TV and internally generated leads with opportunities to diversify to include many more sources. The leader needs to be a strong analytical and operations executive who can thrive managing a disparate set of resources.
As a senior leader in this division, the ideal candidate must be able to communicate and influence internal marketing team members, the executive team, external partners, and the working team to meet objectives. Strong leadership and communications skills are imperative for this role.
This leader (and her/his team) will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Develop and execute the lead generation plan for the Medicare division and ensure that the plan maximizes SelectQuote profitability, manages lead generation costs within budgeted goals, and returns the greatest ROI on the marketing investment
- Continually optimize the marketing plan based on daily performance results to ensure the maximum ROI for SelectQuote
- Partner with the sales, sales operations and workflow management teams to ensure that lead goals are being met each day and make intra-day adjustments as needed to meet targets
- Collaborate with internal teams and external partners on new ways to generate incremental, cost-effective lead volume
- Oversee and drive strategy for external partners who deliver SelectQuote leads to ensure they are meeting lead quality, lead quantity, and financial objectives
- Manage an internal network of marketing teams to develop and execute on the plan. These teams will help support this position by helping to identify new lead sources, develop new creative, and evaluate new digital and offline media strategies.
- Manage the marketing P&L for the Medicare division of SelectQuote
- Collaborate with leadership to define strategic objectives, success metrics, tactical plans, and marketing budget to support the growth objectives of the SelectQuote Medicare division
- Develop the monthly, annual, and 5-year lead generation plan in support of the defined goals of the Medicare division
- Continually evaluate and optimize performance across the marketing plan to ensure the highest possible return on the marketing investment
- Manage external partners/vendors to ensure that they are delivering on their lead quality/quantity commitments at appropriate economic return. These partners will include our media agencies and affiliate partnerships
- Creatively work with the (internal) business development team and external partners to develop new lead sources
- Develop customer segmentation, targeting, and positioning to drive media and creative development for internal marketing teams
- Develop a strong understanding of the return on investment of our different media investments enable to optimize spend
- Partner with marketing shared services (creative, digital media, traditional media, direct marketing etc.) on the execution of the lead generation plan
- Develop a robust understanding of SelectQuote Medicare profitability and key profit drivers across customer segments, products and geographies. This will ultimately drive the development and execution of the lead generation plan.
- Monitor daily fluctuations in lead volume and make adjustments as needed
- Partner with the sales team and workflow to ensure lead distribution is working as designed from lead development through agent delivery
- Lead strategic and cross-functional initiatives in support of the SelectQuote Medicare Division (e.g. launch of new business opportunities, etc.)
- Lead the Marketing Compliance initiative to ensure all marketing creatives are meeting the internal and external requirements
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated leadership skills to drive optimal business performance
- Strong communication skills and a proven ability to influence teams and matrix manage internal resources
- Progressive experience in roles demanding analytical rigor and discipline
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Best in class analytical skills
- Experience in operations and operational disciplines such as program and project management
- Entrepreneurial spirit – creativity to identify opportunities when others may not see them and a willingness to “roll up your sleeves” to execute
- Experience managing partners and a willingness to have “tough conversations” to get the results needed
- Strong written communication and presentation skills; comfortable with high degree of interaction with senior leadership team
- Self-motivated with an extremely strong sense of urgency
- Flexibility to adapt and change as priorities evolve
Training & Experience:
- 10+ years of progressive management experience
- At least 5 years of experience in an operational discipline (management, marketing, program management)
- 5+ years leading a team
- Demonstrated ability to manage and deliver against a budgeted P&L
- Proven experience as both a player and a coach – ability to execute while also leading and influencing others
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred)
It’s an exciting time to join SelectQuote. We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, and other paid leaves vary based on work location.