Founded in 1985, SelectQuote provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. The company pioneered the model of providing unbiased comparisons from multiple, highly rated insurance companies allowing consumers to choose the policy and terms that best meet their unique needs. Two foundational pillars underpin SelectQuote’s success: a strong force of highly trained and skilled agents, who provide consultative needs analysis for every consumer, and proprietary technology that sources and routes high-quality leads. The company has three core business lines: SelectQuote Senior, SelectQuote Life and SelectQuote Auto and Home. SelectQuote Senior, the largest and fastest-growing business, serves the needs of a demographic that sees 10,000 people turn 65 each day with a range of Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans.
Responsible for establishing and implementing quality assurance and compliance processes for the IT organization. Work closely with IT leaders to develop and implement an overall quality maturity roadmap and plan for each IT functional area. Works with development, testing and production teams to develop, publish and implement software quality assurance plans. developing and executing formal test plans to ensure the delivery of quality software applications. Conduct test planning, writing test cases/scripts, test case automation and test execution. Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status.
- Provide Feedback to the Project Management team on missing requirements and discussions about how features currently work in SelectCARE
- Has an increased focus on automated scripting and writing IDs within the supported applications
- Involved in the process of road mapping and prioritization the Automation
- Creates complex SQL queries to test and identify issues within the code
- Participate in the entire AGILE software development lifecycle process to catch defects as early as possible; become a domain expert on the system under test.
- Gather and analyze requirements, and test in all layers of the system. Participate in the functional and/or technical specification documents review. Drive towards sustainable and maintainable manual test and automation design.
- Build documentation related to new and existing software
- Implement test harnesses; create automated and manual test suites.
- Design and execute manual and/or automated test cases for functional, regression, and/or performance testing, including both back-end and front-end testing of entire system, subsystems, and interfaces to other systems as needed.
- Ensure that applications and systems function properly and according to business standards and end-user specifications and requirements.
- Manage multiple testing projects simultaneously and quickly adapts to testing new applications and systems.
- Proactively assesses and follows through on testing risks and issues identified on projects.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
Training and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in a discipline related to functional work or role with 3-5 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Able to demonstrate ability to solve somewhat more complex problems by analyzing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned through experience and proficiency in understanding the job. Must be able to recognize anomalies and critical situations and respond appropriately.
- Able to apply strong functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments.
- Requires very good communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
- Demonstrated experience knowledge of quality assurance methodology and agile software development life cycles, and the ability to use this expertise to drive test design, processes and techniques.
- Knowledge of and experience with systems lifecycle tools, such as test bug tracking, and test and/or requirements management tools
- Knowledge of SDLC, Coding languages, and SQL Preferred
It’s an exciting time to join SelectQuote. We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, work from home stipend, and other paid leaves vary based on work location.