Founded in 1985, SelectQuote provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. The company pioneered the model of providing unbiased comparisons from multiple, highly rated insurance companies allowing consumers to choose the policy and terms that best meet their unique needs. Two foundational pillars underpin SelectQuote’s success: a strong force of highly trained and skilled agents, who provide consultative needs analysis for every consumer, and proprietary technology that sources and routes high-quality leads. The company has three core business lines: SelectQuote Senior, SelectQuote Life and SelectQuote Auto and Home. SelectQuote Senior, the largest and fastest-growing business, serves the needs of a demographic that sees 10,000 people turn 65 each day with a range of Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans.
As the Senior Manager, Compliance Operations & Quality Assurance, you will be responsible for operationalizing Global Compliance policies, ensuring adherence to stated policies through Quality Assurance, helping to inform and guide our holistic Quality Assurance Strategy, as well as ongoing monitoring and reporting, and driving improvement in overall Sales Quality and the overall customer experience.
In this role, you will help to manage core customer experience and sales quality efforts, leveraging internal and external resources to map out best practice for QA across business lines. This will include both highest magnitude compliance scores as well as individual business unit quality goals. These aspects include but are not limited to TCPA, Sales disclosures, CMS scripting adherence, quality adherence, tonality, scripting, expectation setting, etc. The role will be responsible for grading the business quality and scorecard delivery back to the business units. The role will play a critical part in helping to manage recurring reporting, scorecards and analytics, QA design and change management, as well as all call center resources related to the QA/Compliance processes. The individual will have a passion for empowering the business units to make decisions related to compliance and QA in real time by giving them the necessary tools, capabilities, and resources to be successful.
- This position does have direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Global Compliance & Quality Assurance Operations:
- Manages a Quality Assurance team members supporting all areas of the business, including providing day-to-day direction for strategy, operations, staffing - inclusive of full time employees and offshore contracts and technology partners
- Works with the BU’s, corporate teams and Central compliance QA teams to enhance the grading system, generate reporting / scorecards and set timeline for improvements
- Coordinates with sales operations on scorecards and impacts on compensation
- Integrates with training based upon scorecard outcomes and carrier feedback
- Helps to implement the compliance and quality auditing required by Company and CMS by compiling and analyzing internal and external information.
- Works to automate wherever possible to mitigate risk for Federal, Carrier and other internal compliance guidelines (TCPA automation, Population Health Membership Compliance, Rx History Authorization Compliance, SRx Onboarding requirements
- Directs the management and response to consumer escalations as needed
- Guides the development, implementation and maintenance of compliance practices and policies and maintenance of documentation and policy manuals as well as the operational execution of those policies
- Compliance Operational Efficiency:
- Partners with Sales and Operations strategy leads to determine best path to deliver on Compliance policy
- Works to streamline processes and procedures across lines of business
- Partners with Marketing Operations/Go to Market and Development as support is neede
- Partners with Compliance Exec, the BU’s and human resources to inform training, coaching and disciplinary issues as needed. This will include direct communication and coaching with staff in conjunction with the business unit
- Coordinates, sets agendas and directs outcomes for Operational Compliance Subcommittees
- Coordinates compliance training and attestation processes on prioritized initiatives
- Quality Assurance Reporting and Analytics:
- Manages forums to regularly communicate Compliance Operations and QA performance
- Owns recurring distribution to key stakeholders
- Accountable for stakeholder participation and understanding of performance against KPIs
- Conducts recurring reviews of and exploration of areas of opportunity
- Develops actions plans tied to areas of opportunity and ensures they are realized
- Works with Sales, Sales Ops and Customer Experience teams to address points Helps to inform Agent coaching and scripting in partnership with Sales teams
- Establishes necessary updates to scorecards, target KPIs and ongoing monitoring
- Quality Assurance & CX Technology:
- Owns definition of needs from QA and CX Technology
- Informs and helps to lead and implement company’s AI QA strategy
- Conducts technology assessments and implement more efficient ways to grade calls (e.g. voice recognition, auto transcription and scoring)
- Works to streamline support across areas of the business to drive efficiencies, eliminate redundancies and reduce expense
- Leads engagement with partners and vendors to this end
Education and Experience:
- 10+ years of Operations, Sales Quality, Customer Experience, Analytics or other relevant experience required
- 8+ years of team leadership experience
- 5+ years of experience in cross functional project management
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required. MBA is a plus
- Prior experience working to identify trends in Sales performance reporting and turning these into actionable programs for Sales leadership and Sales agents
- Prior experience in business operations and/or prior accountability for a P&L or marketing channel performance -- has proven ability to analyze large, complex data sets, derive insights and take action quickly
- Strong industry acumen and business operations knowledge
- Proven experience managing analytical teams and structuring recurring performance forums and discussions
- Experience working with or managing Sales Quality, Customer Experience or QA teams is preferred
- Superior interpersonal skills with a proven ability to build trust and influence peers. Proven success working in diverse cross-functional teams and excels in matrix-managed environments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to lead presentations with executives
- Self-starter who thrives in entrepreneurial environments and can operate with minimal supervision
- Extraordinary level of attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Able to create structure and process from scratch.Equally comfortable working with marketing, finance, IT, data and operations teams.
- Acts with a strong sense of urgency but is also able to remain focused on using a strategic framework to independently prioritize programs, actions and next steps to ensure time is spent on the opportunities with the highest ROI potential
- Prior direct experience in Sales, Training or Sales Operations experience is preferred
- Prior experience with leading call analytics platforms and use of AI in customer experience efforts is a plus!
It’s an exciting time to join SelectQuote. We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, and other paid leaves vary based on work location.