Founded in 1985, SelectQuote provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. The company pioneered the model of providing unbiased comparisons from multiple, highly rated insurance companies allowing consumers to choose the policy and terms that best meet their unique needs. Two foundational pillars underpin SelectQuote’s success: a strong force of highly trained and skilled agents, who provide consultative needs analysis for every consumer, and proprietary technology that sources and routes high-quality leads. The company has three core business lines: SelectQuote Senior, SelectQuote Life and SelectQuote Auto and Home. SelectQuote Senior, the largest and fastest-growing business, serves the needs of a demographic that sees 10,000 people turn 65 each day with a range of Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans.
This position is responsible for hardware and software troubleshooting and support of Linux and Windows Servers. This position also works with the DevOps and Telecom teams to plan, implement, and enhance the performance of the server infrastructure and computer telephony environment.
- Configuration of the AWS and Azure cloud management; Configure and fine-tune the cloud infrastructure systems; monitoring and managing cloud services
- Performs and evaluates cost analysis and vendor comparisons from small through large scale projects to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations
- Solve computer related problems, troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Develop, recommend, and implement new or updated technologies and procedures as necessary, including software operating systems and system updates.
- Assess security and upkeep of security in respective knowledge areas.
- Maintain virus security software.
- Monitor networked computer equipment.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of the Windows/Linux Server environment.
- Provide remote office support.
- Maintain anti-spam device/ troubleshoot issues involving spam infiltration.
- Work with ISP’s (Internet Service Providers) to ensure proper connectivity and bandwidth.
- Measures feasibility of various approaches and makes recommendations
- Drive and coordinate incident management
- Manage ongoing Software Virus security updates for Remote PC’s
- Handle failures and process RMA’s for failed products.
- Maintain, modify, and audit all Active Directory GPOs.
- Maintain, modify, and audit all Active Directory OUs.
- Oversee and quality control the onboarding and offboarding process for all Active Directory users.
- Lead by example and demonstrate high performance in areas of customer service, collaboration, teamwork, reliability, productivity, and execution
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix operating systems.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft operating systems.
- Strong initiative, with the ability to analyze and adopt a strategic view
- Works well under pressure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Team player.
Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an information technology field or equivalent combination of related education and work experience
- Certified RHEL or SuSE Linux Administrator, Linux+, LPIC-1, LPIC-2 or other industry certifications in UNIX/LINUX preferred
- Experience working with VMware, Hyper-V
- Experience in patch management and upgrade for CentOS or RHEL environments
- Experience with backups, proficient in system backups and restores/recoveries from disks/virtual/cloud.
- Experience or understanding of working in a technical environment requiring compliance e.g. HIPAA, SOC2, PCI-DSS, SOX
- Experience working using automated deployment and maintenance technologies
- Experience with networking, across various network layers and client/server environments; support of LAN and WAN based networks
- Minimum 10 years of experience troubleshooting PC’s and Windows based applications.
- 5+ years of experience managing Linux physical and virtual server instances in a datacenter environment
- 5+ years of experience with computer networks required.
It’s an exciting time to join SelectQuote. We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, work from home stipend, and other paid leaves vary based on work location.