Founded in 1985, SelectQuote provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. The company pioneered the model of providing unbiased comparisons from multiple, highly rated insurance companies allowing consumers to choose the policy and terms that best meet their unique needs. Two foundational pillars underpin SelectQuote’s success: a strong force of highly trained and skilled agents, who provide consultative needs analysis for every consumer, and proprietary technology that sources and routes high-quality leads. The company has three core business lines: SelectQuote Senior, SelectQuote Life and SelectQuote Auto and Home. SelectQuote Senior, the largest and fastest-growing business, serves the needs of a demographic that sees 10,000 people turn 65 each day with a range of Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans.
The Vice President of Sales Operations is responsible for operational strategy, operational support, existing process management and execution for various departments inside of SelectQuote’s Life Division. This role will ultimately support both the core Life sales division and the Life and Health Advisors division. Additionally, this role will also have direct accountability for customer retention (inclusive of both analytics and execution of programs to improve retention). This individual will independently or collaboratively build solutions to operational challenges, drive programs to completion, and ensure solutions are performing as planned.
As a senior leader in this division, the ideal candidate must be able to communicate and influence internal senior division team members, the executive team, external partners, and the working team to meet objectives. Strong leadership and communications skills are imperative for this role.
This leader (and her/his team) will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Responsible for strategy, execution, and the development of operational plans within sales organization including: variable compensation design, headcount & workforce planning, agent experience & agent technology enablement, manager enablement, customer retention, and quality assurance efficiency planning
- Collaborate and build relationships with respective department leadership, specifically Life Sales, Final Expense Sales, Sales Analytics, Customer Service, Operations, and Marketing department leaders. Work with these departments to drive profitability and efficiency.
- Ensure delivery and execution related to project execution are on time and identify areas of potential risk in delivering to set timelines.
- Drives key new sales and operational programs and projects from inception through implementation. Responsible for ensuring new initiatives are fully vetted, accurate and launched at a high velocity
- Regularly report out on results of new projects, programs, and initiatives to ensure programs are having the desired outcome
- In conjunction with the analytics team, provide the sales team with the analytic support needed to manage the business. This includes developing/enhancing sales dashboards, and leading deep dives on performance results to identify issues and uncover problems
- Build out and manage the sales operations team
- Develop a deep understanding of customer retention trends and challenges. Ensure retention reporting is accurate and well understood, and work with the sales and operations teams to develop programs to drive retention.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated leadership skills to drive optimal business performance
- Strong communication skills and a proven ability to influence teams and matrix manage internal resources; comfortable with high degree of interaction with senior leadership team
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Experience in operations and operational disciplines such as program and project management
- Entrepreneurial spirit – creativity to identify opportunities when others may not see them and a willingness to “roll up your sleeves” to execute
- Self-motivated with an extremely strong sense of urgency
- Flexibility to adapt and change as priorities evolve
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time
- Articulates clearly where they are going, why, and how they are going to get there so employees understand how their work aligns to the vision
- Recognizes the efforts and accomplishments of team members, which increases employee commitment and enhances performance
- Assesses the strengths and development opportunities of their team members and actively seeks feedback through various approaches so they continue to learn and grow throughout their career
- Experience managing partners and a willingness to have “tough conversations” to get the results needed
- Self-motivated with an extremely strong sense of urgency - act as a change agent in the Life division
Training & Experience:
- 5-8+ years of progressive management experience
- At least 5 years of experience in an analytical discipline such as finance or data analytics
- At least 5 years of experience in an operational discipline (management, marketing, program management)
- 7+ years leading a team
- Demonstrated ability to manage and deliver against a budgeted P&L
- Proven experience as both a player and a coach – ability to execute while also leading and influencing others
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred)
It’s an exciting time to join SelectQuote. We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, and other paid leaves vary based on work location.