Founded in 1985, SelectQuote provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. SelectRX, a subsidiary of SelectQuote, is prioritizing important population health initiatives focused on actively managed, high-touch patient experience by improving patient engagement and health literacy, simplifying the healthcare journey and facilitating better healthcare options through value-based partnerships.
SelectRX is a high touch, technology-driven specialized medication management pharmacy. We engage virtually with patients to ensure accurate prescription records are maintained in order to achieve improved prescription drug adherence. SelectRX does this by providing a personalized clinical approach driven by a robust technology platform to track adherence with a world-class pharmaceutical packing and distribution facility.
Sr. Pharmacy Technicians assist licensed pharmacists in the preparation of prescriptions and other health related products as permitted by Federal, State, and local law. This position achieves customer satisfaction by promptly, safely and accurately processing and filling prescriptions in manner of utmost efficiency at a very high level. Sr. Pharmacy Technicians refer any questions regarding prescriptions, drug information, or health matters to a pharmacist. This senior position leads by example for maintaining the policies and procedures of the Pharmacy Department.
- This position may have indirect supervisory responsibilities
- Effectively prepares prescriptions for dispensing by the pharmacist by retrieving, counting, pouring, sorting, weighing, and at times mixing medication following all prescription error prevention procedures
- Will be held production performance metrics higher than a Pharmacy Technician
- Processes orders, affixes medication labels and packages medications/ OTC’s for pharmacist review following all prescription error prevention procedures
- Processes/ fills prescriptions promptly, safely and accurately and in a highly efficient manner
- Offers guidance to Pharmacy Technicians and provides technical and administrative assistance in the daily activities of the pharmacy operation
- Stocks pharmacy shelves
- Retrieves medications from stock and return after use
- Spots errors and follow procedures; coaches Pharmacy Technicians when needed
- Maintains patient records with strong attention to detail
- Verifies the accuracy of patient and prescription information
- Refers prescription questions to Pharmacist
- Understands and always maintains confidentiality regarding patient medications and illnesses (Uphold HIPAA regulations).
- Does not inappropriately access, listen to, or distribute any sensitive information or allow others to do so
- Fronts and cleans the inventory shelves/on a monthly basis or as requested by Management
- Cleans work area at end of shift to include all medications, supplies, and other items to their proper locations; wipe down work area at the end of every shift
- Removes but not limited to out-of-date medications, recalls from pharmacy shelves, complete necessary paperwork for returning goods, and send to holding and shipping area
- Assists in managing the control of the pharmacy inventory
- Assists in managing the correction of managed care denied claims
- All other duties as assigned
- Ability to use multiple software programs to review patient profiles and process medications orders
- Ability to use automated/robotic dispensing devices to fulfill and package medications
- Ability to read merchandise/pharmacy labels, SIG codes, to document information on prescriptions, third party forms, inter-office order forms, and communication forms
- Learns and retains information to include but not limited to product names and locations as well as drug usage instructions (SIG codes)
- Enters and retrieves data from the various operating systems employed in prescription processing and drug ordering and packaging
- Service orientated high degree of interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrates appropriate written and oral communication skills
- High degree of interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management, associates, clients, and public
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma/ or GED equivalent required
- Must have an active Pharmacy Technician License in the State of Indiana for a minimum of two years
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a clinical manufacturing environment - Pillpack, Synchrony, hospital network
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Able to stand or sit for extended periods of time while performing duties
SelectQuote Core Values:
Service: We create positive customer experiences.
Entrepreneurship: We create, innovate, & take risks.
Leadership: We build & invest in high-performing teams.
Empowerment: We embrace a changing environment.
Courage: We challenge the status quo & drive continuous improvement.
Teamwork: We help, support, & celebrate each other.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
It’s an exciting time to join SelectRX, a subsidiary of SelectQuote. We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree. SelectRX strives to be a one-stop-shop for Senior Health Information needs, including Medicare Plan Benefits, Healthcare Literacy, Value-Based primary Care, Prescription Drug Management and Patient Engagement.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, and other paid leaves vary based on work location.