This role requires availability for our Tuesday - Friday: 1:30 PM - 10:-0 PM and Saturday: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM shift.
Founded in 1985, SelectQuote (NYSE: SLQT) provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. SelectRX, a subsidiary of SelectQuote, is prioritizing important population health initiatives focused on actively managed, high-touch patient experience by improving patient engagement and health literacy, simplifying the healthcare journey and facilitating better healthcare options through value-based partnerships.
SelectRX is a high touch, technology-driven specialized medication management pharmacy. We engage virtually with patients to ensure accurate prescription records are maintained in order to achieve improved prescription drug adherence. SelectRX does this by providing a personalized clinical approach driven by a robust technology platform to track adherence with a world-class pharmaceutical packing and distribution facility.
The Staff Pharmacist (Remote PV1) performs initial verification of medications and other pharmaceutical supplies to dispense prescriptions issued by physicians, dentists, and other qualified prescribers.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Operates within the professional standards and in compliance with Federal, State, and local regulations
- Performs professional duties and responsibilities associated with the processing of prescriptions to meet the SelectRx objectives and personally maintains a high level of customer satisfaction
- Verifies that all prescription and health-related product orders are processed in accordance with Federal, State, local laws and regulations governing the dispensing of medications and other healthcare related products
- Implements and maintains policies and procedures of the Pharmacy Department
- Complies and adheres to professional practices and management of hourly pharmacy associates
- Ensures prompt and courteous customer service by all pharmacy associates
- Assists Pharmacy Manager to ensure profitable operations of Pharmacy Department
- Implements audit and quality control procedures to ensure compliance with SelectRx and regulatory requirements
- Identifies, evaluates, and interprets prescriptions
- Accurately and efficiently perform initial verification of prescriptions into the SelectRx pharmacy operating system
- Receives new prescription orders orally from prescribers or other persons authorized by law
- Ability to monitor drug therapy of patients and recognizes significant drug interactions
- Responsible for all activities of pharmacy technicians to ensure that all activities are performed completely, safely and without risk or harm to patients
- Consults with patients or his/her agent regarding prescriptions, either prior to or after dispensing, or regarding any medical information contained in patients’ medication record system or patient’s chart, as mandated by OBRA regulations
- Consults with any prescriber, nurse or other health care professional or authorized agent thereof
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with the medical community in which SelectRx serves
- Treats all patients’/clients’ with respect and courtesy; respects the patients’/clients’ rights to confidentiality and works cooperatively with other members of professional and non-professional staff
- Attends SelectRx meetings when requested to include Pharmacist Meeting, Pharmacy Technician Meeting, Data Entry Meeting, Delivery Meeting, Administrative Meetings, and Organization Monthly Meeting
- Markets the positive image of SelectRx throughout the local communities
- Must possess the ability to work with automated prescription systems
- Knowledge and understanding of PioneerRx clinical software system a plus
- Possesses good organizational and time-management skills
- Demonstrates appropriate written and oral communication skills
- High degree of interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management, associates, clients, and general public.
Education and Experience:
- B.S. Pharmacy degree or Pharm. D. degree from an accredited School of Pharmacy
- Must hold or be willing to obtain a license by the State Board of Pharmacy to practice pharmacy in the state working in
It’s an exciting time to join SelectRX, a subsidiary of SelectQuote. We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree. SelectRX strives to be a one-stop-shop for Senior Health Information needs, including Medicare Plan Benefits, Healthcare Literacy, Value-Based primary Care, Prescription Drug Management and Patient Engagement.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, and other paid leaves vary based on work location.