Founded in 1985, SelectQuote (NYSE: SLQT) provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. SelectRX, a subsidiary of SelectQuote, is prioritizing important population health initiatives focused on actively managed, high-touch patient experience by improving patient engagement and health literacy, simplifying the healthcare journey and facilitating better healthcare options through value-based partnerships.
SelectRX is a high touch, technology-driven specialized medication management pharmacy. We engage virtually with patients to ensure accurate prescription records are maintained in order to achieve improved prescription drug adherence. SelectRX does this by providing a personalized clinical approach driven by a robust technology platform to track adherence with an excellent pharmaceutical packing and distribution facility.
The Pharmacy Intern is an entry-level position and duties are designed to develop knowledge base and competency level while performing pharmacy functions under the direct supervision of a clinical pharmacist. Functions performed as an intern include, but are not limited to interdisciplinary patient care rounds, admission medication history, medication counseling and patient education, drug information, drug dosing, drug preparation and drug distribution. In addition, the pharmacy intern will develop under the supervision of a preceptor Pharmacist, participate in educational experiences, and engage in scholarship. The pharmacy intern ensures that patient care is maintained under the supervision of a clinical pharmacist through compliance within SelectRX policies, rules and regulations promulgated by the Board of Pharmacy, and other applicable regulatory bodies. This is a paid internship.
Our Pharmacy Intern program includes opportunities in the following Pharmacy disciplines:
- Pharmacy Production & Operations
- Medical Therapy Management
- Pharmacy Communications
- Pharmacy Data Entry
- Perform a variety of tasks and activities to apply your acquired knowledge and skills in practice situations under the direct supervision of your preceptor
- Participate in interdisciplinary rounds
- Work collaboratively with treatment team to maximize individual patient outcomes
- Perform medication history interviews, first dose teaching, food-drug interaction counseling, discharge counseling, assessment of education and adherence
- Create updated medication lists for patients upon discharge from hospital stay or end of clinic appointment
- Counsel patients on prescription and over-the-counter medications and devices
- Monitor medication therapies through performing profile reviews, interpreting laboratory values, and ensuring drug regimens are consistent with medication use guidelines and protocols
- Assess patient’s progression to achieving desired medication treatment goals
- Develop and recommend appropriate therapeutic plans, identify and resolve drug-related problems, communicate to other health care team members, follow through, and document in the electronic record
- Review medication orders for appropriate dose, duration, frequency, dosage form, indication and drug interactions
- Retrieve, evaluate and provide drug information to health care providers, answering general and patient specific drug information questions
- Review documented adverse drug reactions/allergies and report new occurrences via Patient Safety Net (PSN)
- Promote health, wellness, and disease prevention
- Establish and interpret patient information – active problem list, past medical history, physical exam data, laboratory data, hospital course, medication history, medication profile, pharmacokinetic evaluation
- Apply federal and state legal standards surrounding medication use
- Perform computer order entry and claim adjudication
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Enter and retrieve data from the various operating systems employed in prescription processing and drug ordering and packaging
- Service orientated high degree of interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrates appropriate written and oral communication skills
- High degree of interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management, associates, clients, and public.
- Able to stand for extended periods to perform duties.
Additional Responsibilities as needed:
- Complete quality improvement projects
- Participate in a variety of educational experiences, including but not limited to clinical pearl presentations, patient case presentations, and weekly seminars
- Commit to complete staffing requirements through the third-year of pharmacy school
- Report weekly data on productivity
Training and Experience:
- Completion of 2 years of Doctor of Pharmacy curriculum with Accredited Pharmacy Program
- Preferred 6 months previous Pharmacy work experience
- Complete required employer orientation as directed by pharmacy
It is an exciting time to join SelectRX, a subsidiary of SelectQuote. We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree. SelectRX strives to be a one-stop-shop for Senior Health Information needs, including Medicare Plan Benefits, Healthcare Literacy, Value-Based primary Care, Prescription Drug Management and Patient Engagement.
- Customized Medication Pouches - no more confusion about your next dose and no more sorting medications into pill boxes or containers
- Simplified – pouch packaging simplifies adherence for patients, the easy to read packs clearly state the medication dose, and time of administration
- Time Savings - no more trips to the pharmacy and waiting in long lines
- Refill Management – no more worrying about calling your doctor to request refills
- Proven Medication Adherence – 95% medication adherence for diabetes, hypertension, and cholesterol
- 5 Star Rating – recognized for performance on adherence and high risk medication measures
- High Touch – consistent touch points with patients to identify potential education opportunities
- Tailored Engagement – achieve improved medication adherence through customized engagement based on patient need
- Reduced Adverse Events – reduce adverse health events such as long-term hospitalizations and ER visits
- Medication Management to Improve Outcomes – focused on improving health outcomes through deliberate medication management programs resulting in better adherence.