SelectQuote is a growing company with a one-of-a-kind culture. Are you looking to expand your career and be part of a successful team? SelectQuote is looking to hire individuals for our Sales Development Advisor ("SDA") team within our SelectQuote Qualifications Team, where team members are responsible for handling all of SelectQuote's insurance product inquiries. The SDA team will work with consumers on understanding their needs and triaging them to a licensed agent. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone wanting to expand into licensed sales roles after being successful in this position.
We encourage you to apply if you are interested in building an inside sales career! After applying, you will speak with our recruiting team to learn more about SelectQuote and this inside sales position.
Requirements for this position:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Required 1 year or more experience working in a telesales or sales environment
- Preferred experience working in a high volume metrics or commission driven role with proven success
- Job stability and tenure in roles
- Hardwired high-speed internet connection with a minimum download speed of 20mbps and upload speed of 20mbps
- This is a work-from-home opportunity but you must be punctual and adhere to attendance policies and your assigned work schedule and have access to a quiet, dedicated work environment free of distractions
- Outbound dialing sales prospects to generate interest in SelectQuote's products
- Intense focus on handling and overcoming sales objections and stalls in order to transfer potential customers to a licensed insurance agent
- Meet and exceed specified monthly goals for transfer rates and contact to transfer to increase sales agent conversion.
- Paid training - We will give you all the tools you need for success.
- Great earning potential – Base plus bonus with average first-year earnings of $50k, with top producers making $80k+
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Competitive personality & an internal motivation - You need to have the drive to overcome customers’ objections and compete with yourself and other advisors to succeed and hit new goals.
- Ambitious sales-minded approach with strong interpersonal skills to build rapport with prospective customers
- Time efficiency & technology skills - Be efficient with you and your customer’s time. Be able to multitask and manipulate multiple screens including our software system, quote engine, and carrier applications while continuing a conversation with the customer.
- Positivity - It’s important to be positive in this role and quickly be able to move on to the next call/sale.
- Willingness to receive improvement coaching, implement those suggested actions and show demonstrated improvement.
- Competitive personality & an internal motivation - You need to have the drive to overcome customer objections and compete with yourself and other agents to succeed and hit new goals.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long-term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off, floating holidays, maternity leave, tuition reimbursement, and other paid leaves vary based on work location.