Founded in 1985, SelectQuote provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. The company pioneered the model of providing unbiased comparisons from multiple, highly rated insurance companies allowing consumers to choose the policy and terms that best meet their unique needs. Two foundational pillars underpin SelectQuote’s success: a strong force of highly trained and skilled agents, who provide consultative needs analysis for every consumer, and proprietary technology that sources and routes high-quality leads. The company has three core business lines: SelectQuote Senior, SelectQuote Life and SelectQuote Auto and Home. SelectQuote Senior, the largest and fastest-growing business, serves the needs of a demographic that sees 10,000 people turn 65 each day with a range of Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans.
Works with cross teams in development, testing and production to create, publish and implement software quality assurance test plans. Develops and executes moderate to complex test scenarios to ensure the delivery of quality software applications. Creates and executes automated test scripts, including functional, API and data related tests. Provide visibility with applicable metrics and other reports. Support the Software Application Support team as needed.
- Participate in and contribute to the success of the AGILE SDLC
- Become an SME on the system under test
- Participate in test case prioritization and automation preparation
- Moderate focus on automated scripting
- Create sustainable, maintainable manual tests and automation designs
- Create moderate to complex SQL statements
- Gather and analyze requirements, and test in all layers of the system
- Review and provide feedback to the PM/BA teams on missing requirements
- Design and execute manual and/or automated test cases for functional, regression, and/or performance testing, including both back-end and front-end systems
- Manage multiple testing projects simultaneously
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned
Training & Experience:
- 2-5 years experience in a Quality Assurance or comparable work experience
- Ability to solve complex problems in a fast moving environment
- Experience with Agile, Quality Assurance and SDLC methodologies to drive designs and process improvements
- Experience in manual and automation test design, scripting and execution
- Experience with testing tools such as Zephyr, Jira, Postman, Github, Crossbrowser, etc.
- General experience with automating test scripts and framework maintenance
- Experience testing web based and mobile applications
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field (or equivalent work experience)
It’s an exciting time to join SelectQuote. We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, work from home stipend, and other paid leaves vary based on work location.